Jeff Proctor left the program

crazzymark

Wonder if it had to do the very talented underclassmen that are looking great? You are Mr Lampkin I presume?

Redbird15

Wonder if it had to do the very talented underclassmen that are looking great? You are Mr Lampkin I presume?
NOT AT ALL ! Lampkin is possible 3/4 on depth chart rumor mill ........ at 1 point before fall season rumor was Jeff was not returning...its been on going situation........

Total Red

Staff member
I doubt it was the players behind him but since I don't know the reason Proctor left I guess anything is possible. Nigel White had a couple of really good long runs in the scrimmage today, Pha'leak Brown is also looking good and Lampkin also part of what I assume will be tailback by committee.

The offensive backfield isn't very experienced but I'm more concerned about QB. The one silver lining to not having established stars in the backfield is that you don't have to worry so much about injuries. If Jefferson gets injured, Waring and Morris aren't all that far behind. If White goes down, Brown and Lampkin are right there. There's still some depth in the backfield but there isn't a star to build around.

Redbird15

Proctor seemed like he was more interested in organizing protests on campus than reading the playbook. Next man up...
non sense ! lmao I guess when he was producing before his injury he did not know playbook then.....More to the story than meets the eye...always two sides !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crazzymark

There is no I in team....he didnt understand some of the the farmer types on the team..

TreRoberson4Heisman

I don't think a player taking an interest in social justice has much of anything to do with studying the playbook

Translation: Jeff Procter (Division I-AA Athlete who only you virgins care about) no longer wants a FREE education <for whatever reason> but demands equal rights/respects for Jim & Sue because on Twitter says so.

Who cares? How many of ISU former athletes are packing boxes in a warehouse right now... Add another one to the list.

Virginia Redbird

I thought he would be a big contributor this season but his decision to make. It is college football, players are there for a few years and then are gone. Someone else steps in. I don't mean to be harsh but it is always the next man up. Some players you remember fondly and some not so much. Wish him well.

MadBird

Hard to figger, could be a lot of stuff, some inter-related maybe. Coming back from the injury, his position coach was let go, playing in the winter, new RB coach maybe not a fan, lots of competition, just time to move on . . . . who knows? Maybe we'll find out.

The Real

Proctor seemed like he was more interested in organizing protests on campus than reading the playbook. Next man up...
This was not the case, its best assumptions. the real reason for his departure was posted and was taken down. The school has covered up very repulsive behavior from him on numerous occasion.

Last edited:
Top Bottom