Jeff Eisenberg---Muller Football Play

Baltimore Bird

There is a great article that popped up today on my Yahoo Sports log by Jeff Eisenberg.
It discusses how Dan Muller invented the football play that is now being used regularly.
I am sure someone can find it and post it online. That is probably the last time we beat UNI.

B

BirdGrad2011

Most interesting part of the article for me.

Muller said he is done with basketball coaching for good and is instead pouring his energy into building his new executive coaching and leadership development practice. He describes the football inbounds play as his “one claim to fame.”

Bird Friend

Muller said he is done with basketball coaching for good and is instead pouring his energy into building his new executive coaching and leadership development practice. He describes the football inbounds play as his “one claim to fame.”

He’s gonna hire really athletic people and train them to be executive coaches, right?

Adunk33

Staff member
A couple things from the article that stood out to me.

1. Muller "resigned" in February.
2. The play was to get the ball in the hand of the best FT shooter. The lesser two FT shooters run go routes and the others cut back...that would indicate that play was drawn up for Matt Hein. He wanted Hein (50%) at the line for the game instead of Copeland (84%) or Evans (76%). Hell, Hein could've been the inbounder because even Chastain shot 70%. It worked out, but that is fascinating.

Bdub777

There was also a similar article in yesterday’s Wall Street Journal that also credited Dan with creating the play.

cpacmel

Hamdonger

He started company upon moving back to Nashville area.

redbirds2000

He started company upon moving back to Nashville area.
I thought he was still in Normal as of this past summer. Had to stay because of his wife's job at SF. Pantagraph said he was remodeling a home. Anyway, does anyone know the name of his business? Maybe it was in that article? I scrolled fast.

B

BirdGrad2011

I thought he was still in Normal as of this past summer. Had to stay because of his wife's job at SF. Pantagraph said he was remodeling a home. Anyway, does anyone know the name of his business? Maybe it was in that article? I scrolled fast.
Someone posted the link. He splits time between Nashville and BloNo.

cubird

Think they have a rental, because his wife has to physically be at Corporate one week per month.

Redbird60451

Think they have a rental, because his wife has to physically be at Corporate one week per month.
That would be the best idea. Get out of paying taxes in Illinois by having primary residence in TN, but not living in a hotel while your here. If it were me, I'd do the same. But unlike her, I'd probably live on campus and party Monday - Thursday, then return to my boring parental/work life for 3 weeks to rest up, to do it again.

Redbird222

That would be the best idea. Get out of paying taxes in Illinois by having primary residence in TN, but not living in a hotel while your here. If it were me, I'd do the same. But unlike her, I'd probably live on campus and party Monday - Thursday, then return to my boring parental/work life for 3 weeks to rest up, to do it again.
Illinois would make her prorate her taxes if she works 30 days or more in Illinois. We are going through that with several remote workers. The states are getting more aggressive and creative to make sure they piece of the tax pie.

B

BirdGrad2011

I care even less about pro-rating taxes. If you can afford two homes in two different states, prolly can afford to pay the taxes.
This all day. He made off like a bandit in failing the last few years. Good for him and his family.

Seven

When Muller's FB play happened, I distinctly remember watching NKU copy his play a couple days later. I believe the coach said he got it from watching an ISU game.

I do recall him saying on that radio show right after he got fired that he was done coaching because the sport is no longer the same as when he played and started coaching.

I would love to see Muller get involved in MVC broadcasting in some capacity. He is a Redbird legend.

Top Bottom