JASON SEAMAN SIU grad

Hamdonger

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/23606304/former-southern-illinois-salukis-de-jason-seaman-intervenes-school-shooting-shot-3-s

Thats one Dawg I'll cheer for. AMAZING. :pray: :pray: :clap: :clap: :clap:

fourthandshort

wow .. just saw it on news .. big time hero .. ran at the shooter and took 2 or 3 bullets for his students. Great news is he is doing ok !!!!!

fourthandshort

fourthandshort said:
Wow ... just saw the news on this. This Saluki football player is an f-ing big time hero .. ran at the shooter and took 2 or 3 bullets for his students. Great news is he is doing ok !!!!!

Hamdonger

fourthandshort said:
isuquinndog said:
Just a reminder...no politics....

good reminder quinn !

guns issue to other poster who asked why.

Just a reminder. What this Bulldog did today was incredible. That's what we should lead with. In any post in this thread.

JMO.

bluejay

WOW this guy is truly a blessing. Pretty speechless. Society is based off social media , likes and #'s for most. This teacher's background in sports no doubt made him willing to sacrifice for the safety of this group of kids. TEAM PLAYER!

Jsnhbe1Birds

bluejay said:
WOW this guy is truly a blessing. Pretty speechless. Society is based off social media , likes and #'s for most. This teacher's background in sports no doubt made him willing to sacrifice for the safety of this group of kids. TEAM PLAYER!

I don't think playing sports has anything to do with willingly jumping in front of someone trying to commit a massacre and taking three bullets while doing it. Youre just born that way. Playing sports had nothing to do with it. Very few people can even fathom that event or wrap their heads around that situation. You can say you'd do it but there is no way to know for sure what you'd do before actually being faced with certain death. And, that's exactly what he faced. He sacrificed his life. The good Lord just said, not today!

TIMMY

Jsnhbe1Birds said:
bluejay said:

I don't think playing sports has anything to do with willingly jumping in front of someone trying to commit a massacre and taking three bullets while doing it. Youre just born that way. Playing sports had nothing to do with it. Very few people can even fathom that event or wrap their heads around that situation. You can say you'd do it but there is no way to know for sure what you'd do before actually being faced with certain death. And, that's exactly what he faced. He sacrificed his life. The good Lord just said, not today!
This was an incredible selfless act. And there's no way to know what anyone would do in this situation. Thank God he did what he did. But I do hope that if athletics does anything, it builds character. If not athletics really doesn't belong in an educational setting. Jason Seaman I'm sure has many truly incredible quailties. Among them is great character.

Jsnhbe1Birds

TIMMY said:
Jsnhbe1Birds said:
bluejay said:

This was an incredible selfless act. And there's no way to know what anyone would do in this situation. Thank God he did what he did. But I do hope that if athletics does anything, it builds character. If not athletics really doesn't belong in an educational setting. Jason Seaman I'm sure has many truly incredible quailties. Among them is great character.

Athletics does build character but in most cases its just refining or tweaking bit. I'd venture to say the character that let him do something like this was already instilled in him by whoever raised him.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you everyone for doing a much better job than the same thread on the basketball side I had to delete. :evil: