ISU adds Blackman...

chuckie1980

https://www.pantagraph.com/sports/college/football/isu-adds-virginia-receiver-blackman/article_81dce8b2-4c22-520d-9b1f-c52a5479776f.html?utm_content=bufferaa78f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=LEEDCC&fbclid=IwAR2Qs62dkkkMOGp4ddMqLfWBWnPilGVstYAbE2uiMlDYFePfDbtgjIoliqM#tracking-source=home-the-latest

fourthandshort

I already responded to this news on the other thread, but agree this deserves its own thread .. here is my same response:

No mention of timing for Cole Blackman's transfer ... but given timing, I assume and hope he is here for spring term and ball .... got to get acclimated asap. Many FBS transfers struggle to acclimate immediately, even most of the good ones. Saw his HS tape ... he has good hands, good enough routes, good enough hops, but didn't see much speed, quicks or separation. Noticed his QB consistently struggled to hit him in stride, so that makes it harder for sure. I'm guessing he has developed into a very good route runner, great hands and catching in traffic .. just not a breakaway threat. Could be a good 3rd option behind Edgar and Haley ... we'll see.

Welcome Cole ... we do need help in our WR group. My best advice ... be ready to work, and know your acclimation to program will take some time - being here for spring is critical. MVFC is not as big a step down as many FBS transfers assume at first. If you like to work hard, you should do fine.

Top Bottom