Is this stuck

Brick

Is this forum stuck or is everyone in a good mood after Christmas? Almost two days of no posts?

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Ha, it always slows down right now. It's been five days since the last game and it's another week before the next one.

WoodlandWarrior

Anybody going to the various high school tournaments? I think I’ll check out the Macomb Western Tournament.

Brick

isuquinndog said:
Ha, it always slows down right now. It's been five days since the last game and it's another week before the next one.

Quinn just wanted to be sure my connection was still working! 🤪🤪

ISU FAN 1

It’s not surprising that “BORED” is hidden within “gOREDBird”

This program is in a funk, and interest is waning. “Connection checks” to the fan forum speak volumes.

TheTruth

ISU FAN 1 said:
This program is in a funk, and interest is waning. “Connection checks” to the fan forum speak volumes.

Shhhh, we’re supposed to blame the low traffic on Jsnhbe1Birds.... remember?

ChiRedbirdfan

TheTruth said:
ISU FAN 1 said:

Shhhh, we’re supposed to blame the low traffic on Jsnhbe1Birds.... remember?

people going to seriously let one poster or a few dictate if they post or not?...if so then they let Jsndbe1birds or whomever get the best of them.

ChiRedbirdfan

ISU FAN 1 said:
It’s not surprising that “BORED” is hidden within “gOREDBird”

just another stat showing falling interest along with falling attendance and low donations supporting athletics....hopefully Sean Johnson working the later..btw too bad Sean was not involved sooner in leading the fundraising as I feel he does a good job

ricohill

Can we bring jshbe back? This message board is as boring and depressing as going to an actual ISU sporting event.

The Legend

ricohill said:
Can we bring jshbe back? This message board is as boring and depressing as going to an actual ISU sporting event.

He started his own board, remember? Go join there if you want to watch him beat dead horses....

This is the time of year for spending time with loved ones. That’s what we’re doing. Not a single thing has changed in the last week with this team, and they still have almost a week until they play again.

You guys really can’t go a week without message board pissing matches??

The overall tenor of negative posts with no sign of stopping is keeping people from reading this board, and if I’m not mistaken, is a big part of why Hulka decided to retire from babysitting the “adults” who post on here.

Sorry you have to deal with this, Quinn. This used to be a fun place to talk sports and now it’s just a place to read people complain non-stop.

ricohill

The Legend said:
ricohill said:

He started his own board, remember? Go join there if you want to watch him beat dead horses....

This is the time of year for spending time with loved ones. That’s what we’re doing. Not a single thing has changed in the last week with this team, and they still have almost a week until they play again.

You guys really can’t go a week without message board pissing matches??

The overall tenor of negative posts with no sign of stopping is keeping people from reading this board, and if I’m not mistaken, is a big part of why Hulka decided to retire from babysitting the “adults” who post on here.

Sorry you have to deal with this, Quinn. This used to be a fun place to talk sports and now it’s just a place to read people complain non-stop.

I think the fact ISU athletics is a dumpster fire right now has more to do with people not reading the message board than anything else. If they were good at something people would be interested and there would be less to complain about.

Also, this is a message board...it’s not like anything said on here is life or death.

stats

I still read it just as much, regardless if the team is winning or not (just have to siphon through a lot more crap on here). I rarely post opinions anymore. I don't think it's possible to say anything too positive about our coach, without getting blasted. I'm not sure it is even possible to say anything too positive about some of our best players without getting blasted either. That part is pretty sad.

ChiRedbirdfan

stats said:
I still read it just as much, regardless if the team is winning or not (just have to siphon through a lot more crap on here). I rarely post opinions anymore. I don't think it's possible to say anything too positive about our coach, without getting blasted. I'm not sure it is even possible to say anything too positive about some of our best players without getting blasted either. That part is pretty sad.

interesting perspective you have as it seems most often from my perspective that the ones doing the "blasting" of others are those that believe ISU athletics is in great/good shape and they can not tolerate other posters blasting/criticizing the athletic department/basketball program/teams for what they feel are shortcomings/poor performance/poor results. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong. Example....Jsnhbe1 was not blasting other posters rather I believe he was blasting the athletic department/bball program/coaches certainly heavily and excessively which rubbed some posters the wrong way. In turn the other camp came at him.

SgtHulka

ChiRedbirdfan said:
stats said:

interesting perspective you have as it seems most often from my perspective that the ones doing the "blasting" of others are those that believe ISU athletics is in great/good shape and they can not tolerate other posters blasting/criticizing the athletic department/basketball program/teams for what they feel are shortcomings/poor performance/poor results. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong. Example....Jsnhbe1 was not blasting other posters rather I believe he was blasting the athletic department/bball program/coaches certainly heavily and excessively which rubbed some posters the wrong way. In turn the other camp came at him.
There were some very bad people, on both sides, on both sides

I will say that in the last couple.of.weeks there has been quality conversation going on instead of constant blasting. tones been much better.

Top Bottom