Illinois State Basketball---Great Expectations

DannyCooksey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3ZLuUXQ6js

This is what we need to turn the corner. A great theme song. This is the type of song that could propel us to win some darn games.

Listen to Chaim Witz sing this with glee. Bring it home baby!!!!!!!!

You're sittin' in your seat
And then you stand and clutch your breast
Our music drives you wild along with the rest

You watch me singing this song
You see what my mouth can do
And you wish you were the one I was doing it to

And you watch me playin' guitar
And you feel what my fingers can do
Well, listen

You've got great expectations

You're dying to be seen
And you wave and call my name
But in the din it seems that I'm a million miles away

You watch me beatin' my drum
And you know what my hands can do
Well, listen

Then you feels these eyes from the stage
And you see me staring at you
And you hear between the lines, my voice is calling to you
Well, listen

You've got great expectations, do you want to play the role
You've got great expectations, you'd even sell me your soul
You've got great expectations, do you want to play the role
You've got great expectations, you'd even sell me your soul
You've got great expectations, as long as you can play the role

WoodlandWarrior

Since it’s questionable to even be able to beat mediocre teams in our own arena, I vote for “It’s Tricky” by Run DMC.

RedbirdMan

Kiss is a good band to represent ISU basketball. Old men clinging to past success all while being easy to confuse with clowns.

DannyCooksey

RedbirdMan said:
Kiss is a good band to represent ISU basketball. Old men clinging to past success all while being easy to confuse with clowns.

100% :D

great call

ricohill

RedbirdMan said:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1:

Phantom

RedbirdMan said:

Post of the decade! :lol:

Hamdonger

RedbirdMan said:

Well...except for the 100M in revenue that collectively they generate yearly. Yawn.

KISS puts on a show and you get your money's worth. As far as a rock'n'roll gig...it's tops of the mountain. Plus they are AMAZING patriots for our troops. Do the research. They sing the Star Spangled Banner at every US concert for cryin' out loud!!

You can apologize in person. Peoria Feb15.

Hamdonger

You want changes in Redbird athletics?? Embrace a group of admin people&coaches like the Kiss fellows and their continual outside the box marketing and thinking! We'll make the tournament damn near every year and Redbird home basketball games will feel like March 6 of 1990 every single bleepin night.

Then you might get your damn FBS status in our other "rev" sport.

Phantom

Humdinger said:
RedbirdMan said:

Well...except for the 100M in revenue that collectively they generate yearly. Yawn.

KISS puts on a show and you get your money's worth. As far as a rock'n'roll gig...it's tops of the mountain.

:lol:

If people can get their money's worth by seeing 1/2 the band lip sync & backing track their way through a deplorably mundane, predictable set, then more power to them. Fans are starting to take notice though, as they've now had to sign on David Lee Roth as an opener to help push tickets. KISS hasn't really been KISS since...funnily enough, since we last went to the Dance.

Hamdonger

Phantom said:
Humdinger said:
RedbirdMan said:

KISS puts on a show and you get your money's worth. As far as a rock'n'roll gig...it's tops of the mountain.

If people can get their money's worth by seeing 1/2 the band lip sync & backing track their way through a deplorably mundane, predictable set, then more power to them. Fans are starting to take notice though, as they've now had to sign on David Lee Roth as an opener to help push tickets. KISS hasn't really been KISS since...funnily enough, since we last went to the Dance.

Except for the 100M. Yawn. Have a nice day :)

Phantom

Humdinger said:
Phantom said:
Humdinger said:

I couldn't care less how much cash they rake in. Doesn't mean the music is any better, or even real these days. Hell, look at McDonald's...they've served billions and billions for decades and they still suck.

RedbirdMan

Phantom said:
Humdinger said:
Phantom said:

I couldn't care less how much cash they rake in. Doesn't mean the music is any better, or even real these days. Hell, look at McDonald's...they've served billions and billions for decades and they still suck.

I was making a joke. You guys have ruined it. I don’t give a shit about Kiss.

Phantom

RedbirdMan said:
Phantom said:
Humdinger said:

The joke was fantastic. I'm just cornballin' around with Humdinger. Levity around here is good...our hoops program is the stressor :p

Bird Friend

Phantom said:
Humdinger said:
Phantom said:

Hey! Don’t be dissing their quarter pound hamdongers.

Hamdonger

Phantom said:
RedbirdMan said:

The joke was fantastic. I'm just cornballin' around with Humdinger. Levity around here is good...our hoops program is the stressor :p

As far as punch lines, I'd def put it into the 90percentile. :happy-smileyinthebox:

DannyCooksey

Phantom said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9jEq0cfHjw

Cooksey should've posted this song instead.

I would have had I known the artist. Great movie. Great song. Great basketball movie. Great basketball song.

This is the kind of stuff we need. Basketball songs to help us push some W's. For the record the artists formerly known as Wicked Lester are as American and iconic as apple pie. Our basketball program used to be this way too. Right down to the uniforms and the loudness of the facility. Those days are gone now. As KISS would say..........Forever.

As Juan VT would say.........KISS gets pu$$y. :D

GhostofMBA

Everyone in this thread has it all wrong.....as usual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MahgrJYWgQ

Top Bottom