How good is Tre Lance and how long will he be in Fargo?

Chi-bird

2187 yards passing and a 68.9% completion percentage
9.98 yards per pass attempt
23 touchdown passes
0 picks. ZERO!

741 yards rushing on 106 carries,
7 yards per carry (6.99 actually)
10 rushing touchdowns

Bison might need to worry about retaining this kid after next season.

Sanantoniobird

I think he's really good and has as good a chance to win the award for best offensive player as a freshman. He'd deserve it, and "yes" it helps that he's at NDSU and in their system, but I truly think NDSU is explosive BECAUSE of Lance.
I'm not sure there are really greener pastures than the chance to realistically win a national championship every year. They never rebuild, they just reload. I think if he's in college, he's at NDSU.

Adunk33

Staff member
Sanantoniobird said:
I think he's really good and has as good a chance to win the award for best offensive player as a freshman. He'd deserve it, and "yes" it helps that he's at NDSU and in their system, but I truly think NDSU is explosive BECAUSE of Lance.
I'm not sure there are really greener pastures than the chance to realistically win a national championship every year. They never rebuild, they just reload. I think if he's in college, he's at NDSU.

I think Chi-Bird was saying that NDSU should be concerned with him going to the NFL after next season. It'd be interesting. Any other FCS guys go to the NFL after their sophomore year?

Sanantoniobird

Adunk33 said:
Sanantoniobird said:

I think Chi-Bird was saying that NDSU should be concerned with him going to the NFL after next season. It'd be interesting. Any other FCS guys go to the NFL after their sophomore year?
It's the reason why I qualified "if he's in college..."
I don't think it would be likely he would be a serious prospect after 2 years. I certainly could be wrong, but it is not likely, not (realistic) from this level.

Adunk33

Staff member
Sanantoniobird said:
Adunk33 said:
Sanantoniobird said:

It's the reason why I qualified "if he's in college..."
I don't think it would be likely he would be a serious prospect after 2 years. I certainly could be wrong, but it is not likely, not (realistic) from this level.

I agree! It seems teams are hesitant to take FCS guys in the draft anyway.

fourthandshort

He is good.. but he plays behind the best OL bar none in FCS and in the best offensive system. Basically planets have aligned for him and he has responded very well. I believe he is also the least pressured QB in FCS. Obviously gifted and plays very smart for RS FR ... but he's got a lot going on around him to help.

Chi-bird

It is interesting how a great line can make an average QB look good, but NDSU has always had elite lines and his numbers and efficiency are better than Wentz's and Stick's.

My thought is that if they win it all this year, he has a repeat sophomore season and graduates in 3 years, I could see him eyeing a reunion with Klieman at K-State if they're competitive, or perhaps some top 5 or top 10 program in FBS.

It doesn't happen often, and you hate to see it if you're an FCS team, but it seems like it could be a real possibility.

fourthandshort

Chi-bird said:
It is interesting how a great line can make an average QB look good, but NDSU has always had elite lines and his numbers and efficiency are better than Wentz's and Stick's.

My thought is that if they win it all this year, he has a repeat sophomore season and graduates in 3 years, I could see him eyeing a reunion with Klieman at K-State if they're competitive, or perhaps some top 5 or top 10 program in FBS.

It doesn't happen often, and you hate to see it if you're an FCS team, but it seems like it could be a real possibility.
true enough .. but many Bison fans on AGS have said this might be their best OL ever this year.

lakesbison

Im worried about Trey leaving NDSU after next year.

Kansas State QB will be a Senior Next year and Trey already used his redshirt.

Trey could play his junior year at K state then go early NFL after that 1 year as a "graduate transfer"

However, he could sit at NDSU next 2 year and go NFL after junior year, his stats aren't going to be 5000 yards, 40 tds because NDSU won't pass that much

fourthandshort

lakesbison said:
Im worried about Trey leaving NDSU after next year.

Kansas State QB will be a Senior Next year and Trey already used his redshirt.

Trey could play his junior year at K state then go early NFL after that 1 year as a "graduate transfer"

However, he could sit at NDSU next 2 year and go NFL after junior year, his stats aren't going to be 5000 yards, 40 tds because NDSU won't pass that much

lakes ... welcome back. Seems a little premature to be talking about Lance leaving early for NFL draft. He plasy in the best system, behind the best OL, and has the best defense putting their offense in good field position moreso than most teams. Translated .. the planets are aligned for whomever plays QB for NDSU. Yes, he has been stelllar, especially for a RS FR .. but give some credit to the rest of your team. Let Lance develop and further prove himself before you start talking early NFL draft.

Besides, we'd rather talk about the game ... and RB James Robinson on our site !!!!

Chi-bird

Looks like Lance is being projected by some as a top 10 NFL pick in the draft if he comes out this year.

Top Bottom