Hoosier Gets Away

MadBird

Another Hoosier gets away. To Indiana U. OL Evan Lawrence

Going into my freshman year I thought, ‘I better start narrowing my (sports) down to get better,’' Lawrence said. 'My plan was to go for basketball. But after talking to coach Comer, I had no reason not to come out for football. I’m grateful for that.'

That decision to return to football led Lawrence to the path to an offer from Indiana and a commitment Monday night. The offer came on the heels of offers from Ball State and Eastern Michigan after coaches from those schools watched Lawrence at a mega camp last week in Bloomington.

Lawrence, who had previous offers from Indiana State and Illinois State, had previous contact with Indiana coaches and after the camp was told by IU offensive line coach Bob Bostad to keep his options open.

MadBird

MadBird

Another Badger gets away, this one to North Dakota, Sam Ostrenga from Sun Prairie, WI.

The Sun Prairie East senior attended North Dakota’s football camp on June 15 and received an offer the next day. Winona State, Minnesota Duluth, Sioux Falls and Illinois State were the other FCS schools pursuing Ostrenga.

A little mistake there, the writer doesn't know his D-II from his FCS. Oh well . . . .

MadBird

Here's another Hoosier who got away, Class of 25, but again, Spack working on a guy who's got some nice offers from the MAC and elsewhere. As reported by the Indianapolis Star:

Two weeks after new Indiana coach Curt Cignetti reoffered a scholarship to Evan Parker, the Carmel junior offensive lineman became the second player — and second offensive lineman — to commit to the Hoosiers in the 2025 class.

The 6-4, 295-pound Parker, a Class 6A Junior All-State selection by the Indiana Football Coaches Association, announced his commitment to IU on Monday.

Parker, who was originally offered by IU when Tom Allen was coach in September, also had offers from Akron, Austin Peay, Ball State, Bowling Green, Coastal Carolina, Colorado State, Illinois State, Kent State, Northern Illinois, Toledo and Western Michigan.

Top Bottom