Hoops Scoop

Adunk33

Staff member
Muller has been pretty consistent with his messaging in this slump. It's not necessarily an energy or effort thing for the most part, its confidence. The buzzer beater vs MSU really shook the team. It's a lack of maturity, but coach seems to think the effort is there. I can't fully disagree with him either. Keep in mind, Bradley and UNI had to shoot out of their minds to win the games, and obviously the two buzzer beaters. The Birds could very easily be 11-4. I know none of that matters, but man has this been the craziest MVC season or what?

ISU FAN 1

Adunk33 said:
Muller has been pretty consistent with his messaging in this slump. It's not necessarily an energy or effort thing for the most part, its confidence. The buzzer beater vs MSU really shook the team. It's a lack of maturity, but coach seems to think the effort is there. I can't fully disagree with him either. Keep in mind, Bradley and UNI had to shoot out of their minds to win the games, and obviously the two buzzer beaters. The Birds could very easily be 11-4. I know none of that matters, but man has this been the craziest MVC season or what?

I’ll take the glass half empty counterpoint in the coulda, woulda, shoulda category. Could have easily lost the 1 point home wins over UNI and SIU. But 9-6 would still be better.

DoubleDeuce

Adunk33 said:

Games could play out so by this Thursday 7 teams could be within a game of first place. Evansville winning at Loyola would be a longshot...but maybe they have the Ramblers number considering the easy win earlier this season. All the other games are reasonable.

ricohill

SgtHulka said:
No team has ever won the conference with 6 losses.

I would think this is the year it happens. The 3 first place teams have these games remaining:

Drake:
Bradley - Home - First meeting W 69-52
ISU - Away L 55-69
Indy State - Home W 68-62
Missouri State - Away W 74- 63

Mo State:
UNI - home - First meeting L 59-64
Indy State - Home W 72-57
ISU - Away W 66-65
Drake - Home L 63-74

Loyola:
Evansville - Home - First meeting L 48-67
SIU - Away - W 75-50
UNI - Away - W 61-60
Bradley - Home L 54-61

Drake or Mo State are guaranteed a loss since they play each other. I look at this and would be shocked if any of these teams wins 4 in a row.

DoubleDeuce

I just noticed that 3 of E-Ville's 4 wins are against the 3 teams tied for first. Just a crazy year. One of those on the road.

ISU FAN 1

DoubleDeuce said:
I just noticed that 3 of E-Ville's 4 wins are against the 3 teams tied for first. Just a crazy year. One of those on the road.

Crazy, or the future with no premium programs? Your fact just demonstrates the parity from top to bottom, in what’s a pretty bad league. Certainly not a good thing.

Top Bottom