highest 22-23 Revenue of FCS Schools

cubird

Top 11 budget, but I expect top number of teams to support also.

Virginia Redbird

There was a link from this story to another for FCS ticket sales. ISU at number 10. Lots of complaints about small crowds for football games. Are these ticket sales for basketball, volleyball, or what? These stats are for ticket sales for all sports so the athletic program looks to be drawing tickets sales for some sports.

ISUBird

There was a link from this story to another for FCS ticket sales. ISU at number 10. Lots of complaints about small crowds for football games. Are these ticket sales for basketball, volleyball, or what? These stats are for ticket sales for all sports so the athletic program looks to be drawing tickets sales for some sports.

Don't get me wrong, it's nice to be as high as 10th, but the drop-off form 6th to 7th is steep. There's also only 63 teams on the list and I find some of the lower numbers to be questionable.

ChiRedbirdfan

Top 11 budget, but I expect top number of teams to support also.
Agree...an area for improvement,IMO. Others may disagree but i would prefer that ISU athletics had fewer scholarships/facilities to maintain. I like the idea of fewer but better funded teams as respects to ability to compete, generate additional revenue and, most importantly, enhance overall university exposure/image. My preference would be to pour the resources into football, mens/womens basketball and women's volleyball/soccer. Beyond that do as little as possible (ie participate in the least expensive remaining sports) with the additional required sports to be compliant with ncaa div 1 requirements.

Last edited:

Hamdonger

Agree...an area for improvement,IMO. Others may disagree but i would prefer that ISU athletics had fewer scholarships/facilities to maintain. I like the idea of fewer but better funded teams as respects to ability to compete, generate additional revenue and, most importantly, enhance overall university exposure/image. My preference would be to poor the resources into football, mens/womens basketball and women's volleyball/soccer. Beyond that do as little as possible (ie participate in the least expensive remaining sports) with the additional required sports to be compliant with ncaa div 1 requirements.
I've been waiting for you to throw in on this topic.

fourthandshort

See and I'd rather we sack football, but that's just a personal preference.
jessica-i-take-it-back.gif
FIFY

Last edited:
Top Bottom