Giving Boise and E. Wash and C. Arkansas a Run for Their Money

fourthandshort

Damn, that's gonna be hot!
Good point ... these rubber pellet fields are nice but already retain a lot of heat. Which helps in winter once sun comes out, but not so much in summer. You have to winder if it gets worse with balck surface to boot.

Ugly for sure, but still not as bad to look at as the EWU field. I went to 2014 playoff game there .. this was me leaving my hotel room a mile away.

1689867295827.png

p.s. this may be the 3rd time Ive used this meme, but it just seems to fit so well when talking about EWU's field

Last edited:

Virginia Redbird

I like it. Makes their pink uniforms pop!
When I saw the black turf the first thing that came to mind was it seems that there are so many teams that wear a black uniform combination today that it would be difficult to distinguish the players. The Eastern Washington red field and a team with a red color combo the players kind of blend in. Pink! Yep, that is the answer!

Virginia Redbird

Just my personal taste but I don't like any of the colored fields. What the heck is wrong with just doing green like ... you know, grass! Then again, I don't like the multiple uniforms and helmets all that much either. I recall that Bill Parcells was the Patriots coach when they switched to the new uniforms from the old red/white/blue with the center patriot on the helmet. A reporter asked if Parcells liked the new uniforms. His reply was something to the effect of, "I like all uniforms when you have good players wearing them." That is truth in a nutshell. Black is pretty ugly though.

MadBird

Just my personal taste but I don't like any of the colored fields. What the heck is wrong with just doing green like ... you know, grass! Then again, I don't like the multiple uniforms and helmets all that much either. I recall that Bill Parcells was the Patriots coach when they switched to the new uniforms from the old red/white/blue with the center patriot on the helmet. A reporter asked if Parcells liked the new uniforms. His reply was something to the effect of, "I like all uniforms when you have good players wearing them." That is truth in a nutshell. Black is pretty ugly though.
Yeah, it wouldn't bother me one bit if teams played on . . . . GRASS . . . . what a concept. Not fake grass, colored grass, or anything with rubber pebbles in it. Just plain old grass. Old days. Times passed.

Top Bottom