Galen Scott

Chi-bird

Resigned at Va Tech. Sad news. I hope he bounces back. Wouldn't doubt his next job is FCS.

MadBird

I stuck this in the "former Redbirds" thread earlier today:

Sad story about our former star and now ex-Va.Tech assistant Galen Scott:

Four months after his promotion to be Virginia Tech’s co-defensive coordinator, Galen Scott abruptly resigned Friday after accusations surfaced of an extramarital affair he had while traveling for his duties as a Hokies assistant coach.
http://www.roanoke.com/hokies/sports/fo ... d51a6.html

fourthandshort

Not condoning what he did at all, but at least he is stepping up to issue like a man. Admitted to what he did and is trying to make it right with his family first. If he is genuine, you have to give him props for manning up.

ChiRedbirdfan

yea right let's give him props because someone sent an email to the university as well as to the local paper making accusations against him off having an ongoing extra-marital affair while traveling on job related duties and he got caught. At least that is the way I read the article(s) and quite frankly there may be more to the story given some of the other accusations and the fact that he stepped down from a $335,000 salary which supports his family? Scott did admit many of the accusations were true and some were not. Sounds like he basically got caught with his pants down. Certainly not the end of the world but I don't understand giving Scott props for this situation after reading the details.

fourthandshort

I prefaced it and conditioned it .... I think we've all seen stuff like like this handled far worse .. like I said, I am simply giving him props for admitting his mistake and recognizing he has to focus on fixing things at home .. and I qualified it by saying, "if he is genuine".

MPE773

fourthandshort said:
Not condoning what he did at all, but at least he is stepping up to issue like a man. Admitted to what he did and is trying to make it right with his family first. If he is genuine, you have to give him props for manning up.

This makes me embarrassed to be a “man”.

Top Bottom