Football Stadium Naming Rights

crazzymark

So what is stopping ISU from having Hancock having a company name placed on the stadium? UCF home field, that is campus , is Spectrum Stadium. State Farm has name rights on both college football and basketball..With that money, the horseshoe could be done. And an indoor practice facility. So let's move into the 2000's and get the corporate money in play!!!!!

Birdswin

Key point - you have a someone or some company willing to pay for it. Basically, if your games are on a national telecast at some point each year - then you get that type of money. Why do you think the Fightin Illness got the naming right to the former Assembly Hall, but cannot get any other facility????

crazzymark

State Farm!!!!!!!! Beer Nuts!!!!!!! Country Financial...All BML/NORM companies..wow...do i need to call Rust myself?? we do have a long history..

crazzymark

ISU alums are CEO's of major international companies and national as well......how about a Chicago company??

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
crazzymark said:
State Farm!!!!!!!! Beer Nuts!!!!!!! Country Financial...All BML/NORM companies..wow...do i need to call Rust myself?? we do have a long history..

Rust isn't the CEO anymore.

ISUBU

crazzymark said:
So what is stopping ISU from having Hancock having a company name placed on the stadium? UCF home field, that is campus , is Spectrum Stadium. State Farm has name rights on both college football and basketball..With that money, the horseshoe could be done. And an indoor practice facility. So let's move into the 2000's and get the corporate money in play!!!!!
Two years ago central Illinois credit union CEFCU, who also has a smaller operation in California, purchased naming rights to San Jose State's 30,000 seat stadium for 15 years for less than $9 million. That's in the same FBS conference as Colorado State.

$12.5 million was enough to name SDSU's brand new Dykhouse Stadium, but I don't know how long that name will last.

That tells me that naming rights for Hancock alone might not bring in enough dough to do a lot of construction.

bb fan

Yeah JBird, why the heck didn't we follow NIU to FBS land so we could get some $$$ from stadium naming rights? Oh, wait -- nevermind. I get your point, JBird. In a quick check it looks like only one MAC program has sold stadium naming rights. And I am not totally sure Akron's stadium name was sold. just sounds like maybe it was.

Joe_Y

isuquinndog said:
crazzymark said:

Rust isn't the CEO anymore.
But the CEO of Progressive is an ISU alumni, Tricia Griffith.

MadBird

bb fan said:
Yeah JBird, why the heck didn't we follow NIU to FBS land so we could get some $$$ from stadium naming rights? Oh, wait -- nevermind. I get your point, JBird. In a quick check it looks like only one MAC program has sold stadium naming rights. And I am not totally sure Akron's stadium name was sold. just sounds like maybe it was.

Well, it's a complicated issue, but you know, look at the Big 10+ - very few naming rights deals there. Not Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Purdue, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Penn St., . . . . . Sure there are naming rights deals out there in both FCS and FBS, but not as many as people might think. and I'm just fine with playing in Hancock Stadium (NOT John Hancock Insurance Stadium). The program could use some dough from a donor, for sure, but I don't see it as any great priority.

Birdswin

I find the CEFCU thing in San Jose, CA, to be rather curious - but, the San Jose State Stadium is also used by an MLS Soccer team.

Metamoron

Actually it’s simple.

CrazyMark Stadium!!!

Come on crazy, fork over a few mill!!

ISUBU

Birdswin said:
I find the CEFCU thing in San Jose, CA, to be rather curious - but, the San Jose State Stadium is also used by an MLS Soccer team.
Cefcu took over a California credit union several years ago and branded it Cefcu. I assume they bought naming rights to build name recognition in a new market, and got a good price. These deals aren't charity...it has to make business sense for the purchaser.

They've been a solid sponsor of Redbird sports.

fourthandshort

Metamoron said:
Actually it’s simple.

CrazyMark Stadium!!!

Come on crazy, fork over a few mill!!

I love it ... but did you purposely mis-spell CrazzyMark in honor of the worst speller on Redbird Forum ???

bb fan

Agree, Madbird. Not into the whole corporate name stadium stuff, either.

Top Bottom