Five Burning Questions for 2024 - Illinois State Edition by Prairie State Pigskin

Redbird28

“I look at my career here, and this is the 12th bowl game we’d be eligible for,” Spack said with a chuckle. “In the Big Ten, that’s how you do it.”

I've never looked at it in these terms, but it's interesting to think about. "Success" is measured very differently for the bottom class of the P5 world.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Has this been talked about?

The ISU roster also includes Valpo transfer Mason Kaplan. After the season, former Western Illinois quarterback Matt Morrissey entered the portal after throwing for more than 2,000 yards for the Leathernecks in 2023. The first offer he announced on social media was from Illinois State.

Total Red

Staff member
Dmills posted the offer in the Transfer Portal thread. With the commitment from Rubley the offer to Morrissey may no longer be active. A couple of years ago Coach Spack told Zack Annexstad to hurry up and make a decision or he would need to move on. That's just the way it is.

fourthandshort

Yes, I already looked at his spotty history .. I didn't think there was a lot there to be excited about. Certainly not the potential for further upside that Rittenhouse and transfer Jake Rubley both offer. Morrisey is a known quantity .. not sure it is worth it. Though you never know if someone can flourish in the right system. But we also have Kaplan, who we could lose shortly back to PFL or D-II with Rubley signing and talk of Morrisey offer.

But as TR said .. offer is likely moot at this point . we seem to have a 1, 2, and 3.

Top Bottom