First week of MVFC action

ISUBU

UNI is shutting out Indiana State. It's difficult to tell how good UNI might be or how bad the Trees are. UNI just controlling both lines of scrimmage, letting the Panthers run easily while Indiana State can't consistently move the ball.

Redbirds100

Yes ISUB looks really bad, it's going to be a wasted week on the schedule to play them!!! Like playing St Xavier!

fourthandshort

I thought UNI was 2nd best MVFC team coming into this season and they got off to slow start. Maybe they are finiding their mojo.

InSU did beat EIU 55-41 .. so their offense is solid, their defense not so much.

redbirdfan04

Redbirds100 said:
Yes ISUB looks really bad, it's going to be a wasted week on the schedule to play them!!! Like playing St Xavier!

Any MVC victory is a great victory. Last year most people down played us going to SIU and how bad they were. Do I need to remind anyone of how that turned out. I agree on paper we are much better than Indiana State but it is in no way like playing an NAIA school.

ThisIsTheLineup

Redbirds100 said:

Yes but we ALWAYS have a tough time playing them in Terre Haute.

fourthandshort

Never jump to any conclusion over a single game's outcome. Could be match up thing or just plain flukey game. Maybe USD came into our game taking us lightly last year because we had just crapped the bed 2 weeks in a row against NAU and SIU ... what did we do against USD ? Played our best game of year.

Irregardless, I would not be taking ISUb or MoST lightly .. both have improved from a year ago. That said, if we show up ready to play .. we should expect to win both games comfortably .. thinking 3 TD margin, or more if we get off to fast start. Sometimes we do, sometimes we don't ... like a lot of teams.

cpacmel

Redbirds100 said:

#3 South Dakota State 54
Indiana State 51
Final / OT

Game was in Brookings

Top Bottom