Finals Week

ricohill

Since it is finals week, I thought it would be a good time to test RBF with some ISU trivia. Feel free to add new questions or answer. Open book is allowed. Thought this might be a good way to kill some time before Sunday.

Going into the 2018-19 season what is the winning percentage for ISU at Redbird Arena?

What is the greatest comeback in ISU history (largest deficit overcome for a victory) and who was that game against?

Who holds the record for the best single season FG percentage in ISU history?

Who did Will Robinson defeat for his first win at ISU?
Bemidji State - 80-67 win on Dec 1, 1970
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=3JSuFPVdTcM

Name the 3 teams ISU beat in the MVC Tournament at Redbird Arena in 1990 to win the MVC Championship?
Drake, Creighton and SIU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBifA159WYI

What team did Dan Muller defeat for his first win at ISU?
UC Santa Barbara

Phantom

Some stumpers there. Not sure on most, but off the top of my head the '90 MVC tourney question: Drake, Creighton, SIU (not 100% positive on round 1 though. You'd think I'd remember being at all 3 of those.)

Dan's first win was against UC-Santa Barbara

SgtHulka

Who did Will Robinson defeat for his first win at ISU? Ball State

ricohill

Phantom said:
Some stumpers there. Not sure on most, but off the top of my head the '90 MVC tourney question: Drake, Creighton, SIU (not 100% positive on round 1 though. You'd think I'd remember being at all 3 of those.)

Dan's first win was against UC-Santa Barbara

Correct on both answers!!

ricohill

SgtHulka said:

Correct answer is Bemidji State on Dec 1, 1970. An 80-67 win.

Unless you count a 79-73 exhibition win over the ISU freshman team.

From the Bemidji Daily Pioneer.

Illinois State’s new basketball coach, Will Robinson, gets a chance to do his thing when the Redbirds open against Bemidji State at 8 p.m. Tuesday at Horton Field House. Robinson has been working toward this night ever since completing an illustrious high school coaching career last March with his second Michigan state championship at Detroit Pershing. Now that opening night for his first college team is ap preaching, the 59-year old Robinson is as anxious as a kid. “I don’t know what to expect at the college level,’’ he says, ‘‘but I want to win.” Robinson plans the same starting lineup the varsity used last week in a 79-73 exhibition victory over the ISU freshmen before 5.000 fans.

SgtHulka

ricohill said:
SgtHulka said:

Correct answer is Bemidji State on Dec 1, 1970. An 80-67 win.

Unless you count a 79-73 exhibition win over the ISU freshman team.

From the Bemidji Daily Pioneer.

Illinois State’s new basketball coach, Will Robinson, gets a chance to do his thing when the Redbirds open against Bemidji State at 8 p.m. Tuesday at Horton Field House. Robinson has been working toward this night ever since completing an illustrious high school coaching career last March with his second Michigan state championship at Detroit Pershing. Now that opening night for his first college team is ap preaching, the 59-year old Robinson is as anxious as a kid. “I don’t know what to expect at the college level,’’ he says, ‘‘but I want to win.” Robinson plans the same starting lineup the varsity used last week in a 79-73 exhibition victory over the ISU freshmen before 5.000 fans.
Had no idea, but since it was open book I opened my Google book and that was how I got the answer I got. Counting the games up they listed though, it doesn't add up to 16-10 so they must be missing some games
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illinois_State_Redbirds_men%27s_basketball

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/illinois-state/1972-schedule.html

Phantom

5K at Horton for essentially a glorified intrasquad scrimmage? That's impressive.

Top Bottom