FGCU Predictions / Thread (11/11)

TreRoberson4Heisman

Redbird MBB is back!

FGCU did not play an exhibition game.

FGCU comes off a 26-8 campaign and returns 3 double digit scorers.

TR4H’s Keys to the Game:
- Stay out of foul trouble
- Slow down Brandon Goodwin (18.5 PPG)
- Play fast and knock down the open 3 (23, 52 & 3)

I think the whoever wins takes the game close. Predicting a wire to wire contest. Should be fun with two high pace teams!

B

BirdGrad2011

Eagles 77
Birds 67

Hate games like these opening the year. Youth and injuries are the downfall in this one. Hope I’m wrong.

ChiRedbirdfan

BirdGrad2011 said:
Eagles 77
Birds 67

Hate games like these opening the year. Youth and injuries are the downfall in this one. Hope I’m wrong.

Love games like these opening the year. Youth and injuries happen to other teams too. Lets find out early ISU's strengths and weaknesses so that they can work on improving.

I had hoped the Brady Ernst would consider the right ISU when he left the Cyclones rather he ended up at FGCU via a juco. The Eagles return a lot and injured Redbird players will be sorely missed...especially Ndiaye/Romine combo.

FGSU 74
Redbirds 62

Redbird Alum 2004

They aren't the best 3 point shooting team. I think we show them a lot of zone. If we stay out of foul trouble I think we have a good shot. Lots of film on them and not much on our new guys. A win too start work on the road would be huge for this team!

DoubleDeuce

After such an eventful off-season I am more than excited to see the season finally arrive! I don't have my normal overly optimistic outlook going into this season, won't expecting victories until I see something on the court to convince me otherwise. Once I see a glimpse of success I"ll picking all wins!

DannyCooksey

I'm afraid this is a bridge too far with all things considered. Honestly...........this is a brutal game even if we were 100% healthy.

FGCU 78
Redbirds 63

SgtHulka

Birds - 70
FuGgingCU - 69

They bump Litwiller out of bounds in the final second and he sinks 2 free throws for the win.

DBird

SgtHulka said:
Birds - 70
FuGgingCU - 69

They bump Litwiller out of bounds in the final second and he sinks 2 free throws for the win.
If only we were playing Oregon!!

BTbird

Just think there is too many things to figure out with all the newcomers.
Eagles 73
Birds 68

V Boy

I think you are going to see a massive amount of turnovers, especially in the first half. Gonna be ugly. Potentially lot of pressing/trapping and our guards are going to be under a lot of pressure. Yarbrough and Tinsley are going to have to help handle the ball in the backcourt and mid-court. Wouldn't be surprised if we were down a lot early and then clawed back, only to run out of gas late.

Redbirds 66
Dunk City 81

Baltimore Bird

I drove by the stadium a few minutes ago. 85 degrees here and sunny. I don't see much Sunshine for the birds tomorrow. FGCU 80 Redbird 62

WoodlandWarrior

The Peoria Journal Star today, in their college basketball outlook, appear d to pick the Birds as 7th in the MVC. Hard to agree with that assessment. I foresee a tough non-conference schedule and our share of losses, but I think when the team is at full strength they will be competitive in conference.

BirdsEyeView

MJ_Durk said:
Can we play a cupcake to open the year at home for once?

:text-+1:

How many years in a row have we lost our opening game on the road? Last year's loss cost us an at large bid.

DannyCooksey

MJ_Durk said:
Can we play a cupcake to open the year at home for once?
I prefer no cupcakes.

i love the challenge of a tough schedule. I'd love it if i were a player. I just wish we had better health and more experience for this one.

This game reminds me of thew road game at VCU during P Lee's and T Wills' freshman year. Ugly game and they was exposed but they grew from it as did their young teammates.

It's especially unfortunate that EC cannot participate. This is exactly the kind of game a true freshman guard needs to go through. Facing pressure defense and high tempo in a loud building. Thankfully TB will be out there.

Right now, arguably our two best offensive players are playing their first D-1 game (WT) and first game in 2 years (MY). That's not good. IMO Fayne and Evans will need to play their best for this game to be close.

Tpguy

SgtHulka said:
Birds - 70
FuGgingCU - 69

You'd have to be pretty damn stupid to do a thing like that. If you did, no other team would take a chance on you.

Hamdonger

SgtHulka said:
Birds - 70
FuGgingCU - 69

Hahahahahahaaaa, that's awesome!! Probably after he's played 40 minutes, too...

CaliRdBrd

Reminds me a lot of the SDSU game a few years ago, only we have more unknowns this time.

FGCU - 81
Birds - 62