Everyone On Campus

MJ_Durk

It looks like everyone is here

https://twitter.com/Redbird_MBB/status/887327261589942272

leeno33

I'm pretty sure everyone was in the picture with the women's basketball team, and kids from Easter Seals.

Source

I did a nice write-up on seeing everyone play on the pre-crash forum but.... we all know what happened next. :lol:

radik

Source said:
I did a nice write-up on seeing everyone play on the pre-crash forum but.... we all know what happened next. :lol:

Can you write that up again for those of us who missed it? I would be interested in your take.

B

BirdGrad2011

Trace Young would be the only potential person not on campus, but who knows where he will wind up.

Source

radik said:
Source said:

Can you write that up again for those of us who missed it? I would be interested in your take.

radik said:
Source said:

It was LONG. I wish I could regurgitate the whole thing. I haven't seen the team since around the time of the original post a few weeks ago. This is the gist.

Elijah is the most ready point guard I have have seen at this point in the summer at ISU and that includes Nic Moore. His body is already the prototype of a point guard. Like a thicker version of Landry Shamet.

William Tinsley (Known as Boogie) is going to surprise people with his length and defense. He and Copeland spent a lot of time on each other. He needs to work on his ball skills a little if he wants to really open his offensive game. If he is able to drive to the bucket regularly that will allow him to get more open jumpers.

Copeland is like DJ Clayton with a much, much, much better shot. He plays good defense as well and slashes well.

Madison is going to be a likely candidate for all-improved team. His defense last year was good but he did not get a ton of time. Madison is one that if he can hit the 3 at a higher rate it will make the paint wide open for him. The kid is a slasher but needs to improve that shot.

Phil Fayne is going to get POY votes and likely all-improved team with his numbers being raised. First Team All-Conference. He is developing Jackie-like range and has yet to hit is full potential. We really found a diamond in the rough with Phil. He is embracing that leadership role.

Taylor has been working out with the Bigs and is working on bulking up. He needs to work on his foot speed Illinois 1A doesn't translate directly to NCAA D1. It is clear the staff wants him to be Hawkins 2.0- stretch 4.

Chastain will be a starter for us as a junior. That should be the 19-20 school year. He will be a roll player 18-19. Health is the key to his success, obviously.

Keyshawn is the leader along with Phil and both are embracing the roll incredibly. Keyshawn was vocal about what was expected of the kids. He was still favoring his shoulder but should be ready by the time practices start in October.

Milik was a man among boys from a physical perspective. I guess he is comparable to Mikyle but more of a guard. He can score in the post but has been working on his ball skills to be able to bring the ball up the court. He's a heck of a player.

David is getting better. He has started to watch the ball on his rebounds and blocks instead of just jumping at random times. He needs to develop some shred of offense to be fully unstoppable. He's still biting on pump fakes.

Matt H- Nothing can be said that hasn't already.

Christian Romine- Best offensive big. Scores well with the back the basket. Tentative defensively. He stands straight up with his hands in the air; which is good for staying out of foul trouble but doesn't say "you can't score on me" on a defensive minded team.

Ike is the best shooter on the team. He drained 8 3-pointers in a row before missing in shoot around and shot well in the scrimmage. I will not be surprised if he comes in and becomes what Austin Ruder, Ron Baker (early in career), or Matt Bohannon was for their respective teams and just come off the bench and burn the net and then sit down.

johnaaa10

Source said:
radik said:
Source said:

radik said:
Source said:

It was LONG. I wish I could regurgitate the whole thing. I haven't seen the team since around the time of the original post a few weeks ago. This is the gist.

Elijah is the most ready point guard I have have seen at this point in the summer at ISU and that includes Nic Moore. His body is already the prototype of a point guard. Like a thicker version of Landry Shamet.

William Tinsley (Known as Boogie) is going to surprise people with his length and defense. He and Copeland spent a lot of time on each other. He needs to work on his ball skills a little if he wants to really open his offensive game. If he is able to drive to the bucket regularly that will allow him to get more open jumpers.

Copeland is like DJ Clayton with a much, much, much better shot. He plays good defense as well and slashes well.

Madison is going to be a likely candidate for all-improved team. His defense last year was good but he did not get a ton of time. Madison is one that if he can hit the 3 at a higher rate it will make the paint wide open for him. The kid is a slasher but needs to improve that shot.

Phil Fayne is going to get POY votes and likely all-improved team with his numbers being raised. First Team All-Conference. He is developing Jackie-like range and has yet to hit is full potential. We really found a diamond in the rough with Phil. He is embracing that leadership role.

Taylor has been working out with the Bigs and is working on bulking up. He needs to work on his foot speed Illinois 1A doesn't translate directly to NCAA D1. It is clear the staff wants him to be Hawkins 2.0- stretch 4.

Chastain will be a starter for us as a junior. That should be the 19-20 school year. He will be a roll player 18-19. Health is the key to his success, obviously.

Keyshawn is the leader along with Phil and both are embracing the roll incredibly. Keyshawn was vocal about what was expected of the kids. He was still favoring his shoulder but should be ready by the time practices start in October.

Milik was a man among boys from a physical perspective. I guess he is comparable to Mikyle but more of a guard. He can score in the post but has been working on his ball skills to be able to bring the ball up the court. He's a heck of a player.

David is getting better. He has started to watch the ball on his rebounds and blocks instead of just jumping at random times. He needs to develop some shred of offense to be fully unstoppable. He's still biting on pump fakes.

Christian Romine- Best offensive big. Scores well with the back the basket. Tentative defensively. He stands straight up with his hands in the air; which is good for staying out of foul trouble but doesn't say "you can't score on me" on a defensive minded team.

Ike is the best shooter on the team. He drained 8 3-pointers in a row before missing in shoot around and shot well in the scrimmage. I will not be surprised if he comes in and becomes what Austin Ruder, Ron Baker (early in career), or Matt Bohannon was for their respective teams and just come off the bench and burn the net and then sit down.

Will you elaborate on Chastain a little more? Sounds like you're obviously impressed by him. I'm surprised that he was essentially pushed out at Loyola but will be a starter here. Not being argumentative, just genuinely curious on what you saw that you liked so much. I've only seen him once on TV in the state tourney and liked what I saw then.

Source

What stands out about Chastain for me is his BBIQ. He knows the game really well and is almost an on-the court coach as a sophomore. He needs to get his speed back but he has a great knack for the ball defensively. He scores like Mikyle, just needs a lot more weight. He can put his back to the basket with a finesse post move or hit the trey. He will develop a lot over the next two seasons.

bombay

I'm surprised by how tall Taylor is. He's going to be a big dude with offensive skills.

I am hoping for the hype videos they usually send out from the work outs. Let us know if they show up! My pick this year is M Williams. Like that kids game.

CB2K

Thanks for the redo on the analysis Source. I will be real interested in how TB will develop as I see he has a lot of potential. Stretch 4s are hard to guard and if we have multiple ones it makes it even harder. The poise and experience of this young team will cause some up and down moments. Expectations should be tempered for this team but I like what I am hearing. The recruits have been outstanding.

johnaaa10

Source said:
What stands out about Chastain for me is his BBIQ. He knows the game really well and is almost an on-the court coach as a sophomore. He needs to get his speed back but he has a great knack for the ball defensively. He scores like Mikyle, just needs a lot more weight. He can put his back to the basket with a finesse post move or hit the trey. He will develop a lot over the next two seasons.

I like it

JHBird

I was bummed when he chose Loyola...but now I'm a happy little redbird. It's good that he's not eligible for this year, that way he can recover and be 100 pct for his remaining 3 years.

JHBird

Thought Ike was impressive for the little he played in the pre-season game last year. He really looked like he could shoot (although in warmups). So it's good to hear Source's impressions. We can use a spot shooter coming off the bench. I'm hoping they give him a full ride, if they haven't already.

Bdub777

Source said:
radik said:
Source said:

radik said:
Source said:

This is really great. Thanks!

crazzymark

still a 18 win team at the most...nit or less...then 4 more players leave ...hate this!!!!!

Manchester Matt

crazzymark said:
still a 18 win team at the most...nit or less...then 4 more players leave ...hate this!!!!!

Yeah? Which ones, clown shoes?

Was hoping you'd vanish when the site was down.

Retire 12

crazzymark said:

Probably one of the "craziest" posts you've ever made on either forum... and that's saying a lot.

Top Bottom