Evansville 2/03

ricohill

Birds 74
Aces 67

Rico's Keys to the Game:

1. Switch up the matchups on Taylor.
-I'd like to see MY and WT guard him some today. Make him shoot over someone with length. Even when MW/MH tag him on screens they just aren't big enough to stop him from shooting over them.
-Without Gibson and Smith, Taylor scores about 43% of their points. Gotta stop him

2. Press some today
A. They are without their top 2 ballhanders. Maybe create some turnovers
B. A bigger reason is to take them out of their rhythm and tempo. If we can try to speed them up that would be great.
-Additionally, the motion is hard to guard for 25 seconds, make them get it across half court at 22 so there is less time we have to defend it. Also, it puts a lot of pressure on them because they have less time to cut and screen to get open.
C. Wear them out. We have more depth.

3. Do not go over the top of the baseline down screen.
The last two years instead of chasing (tagging) the shooter we go over the top, they flare to the corner, and shoot wide open jumpers.

Other than that, everyone enjoy the taste and lets get another W.

bb fan

As always, take care of the ball. No dumb passes. go inside first.

Phantom

Keep up the energy, intensity, and defensive focus.

Hopefully it's a vocal crowd, fueled up from several early afternoon libations. Feed off that noise and give 'em something to get loud about.

Most of all, just win.

Baltimore Bird

This is a game we should win. They are short handed and we are playing at home.

ISU 69
EU 59

ChiRedbirdfan

nj really active and seems to be getting in the flow at the right time of the year.

ChiRedbirdfan

isu better get it going . hot start but poor play since.
i have never seen such an empty bench like evansville...literally empty seats everywhere

Birdman85

Dan can’t coach offense and he sure as hell has zero feel for lineups. Clarence not playing is laughable

ricohill

Chicagobirdfan said:
Birdman85 said:
Dan can’t coach offense and he sure as hell has zero feel for lineups. Clarence not playing is laughable
Agreed about EC

If Evans is hurt, he won't have an option.

Birdman85

Hein, Gassman, and Bruninga can simply not be on the court at the same time. Offensively it hurts us and it’s even worse defensively. Wake up Dan!

ricohill

The thing I found strange was early on we were pressing, playing zone, and Evansville was struggling. Then we back off the press, go man, start chasing Evansville all over the place, and let them back in it.

Why change something that was working?

Top Bottom