ESPN+

Virginia Redbird

With just one game left in the Football season and not wanting to pile more negativity onto the 2018 Football Redbirds, I thought I would ask what the fans thought of the EPSN+ broadcasts. I personally thought for the $5 a month it was a good deal. The game transmissions went with few problems, at least for me. While I signed up just for Football, I ended up watching the Lady Redbirds Volleyball and Soccer teams quite a few times. The Volleyball team is fun to watch and they are pretty awesome. I originally intended to let the subscription expire at the end of the Football season but I may go ahead and keep it to watch some other Redbird sports. I am not a Basketball fan...I think watching paint dry on the wall is more exciting than watching a Basketball game, so I will not be watching those games. Just my personal taste and nothing against the team itself. I was at ISU when Doug Collins was there and I never set foot in Horton for one basketball game. Just not my thing. However, if the ESPN+ package did not happen I probably would not have made any effort to watch other ISU sports and I have found it quite enjoyable to watch some of the ladies sports teams and look forward to watching other sports as the seasons roll on.
What do the rest of you think? Keep the ESPN+ package or drop it? What sports did you watch besides football?

fourthandshort

i was fine with the price ... I think I had 2 games with spotty signals where the video would freeze repeatedly at times. Definitely had trouble during ISUb and one other game was kind of bad. The rest were fine ... none were grainy, so video quality was alwasy good, other than the 2 game swith signal issues.

Not that we have a say or choice, but I would keep my subscription .. it is worth $5 per month to me as I can't get to as many games as i used to.

SoCalRedbird

I thought the production value was about right for $5 a month.

However, as many have said for years, the audio needs improvement. The WJBC broadcast streamed through my phone became my go-to after listening to hollow TV broadcasts with AM radio-like tendencies.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bb fan

I think the home productions by the ISU folks are good. Keep in mind, every school does their own production, for the most part. INSU was weak Saturday. I like how for volleyball, we mounted a camera on the officials stand for a great net shot. You rarely see this.

Top Bottom