EIU Downs U of I

http://www.pantagraph.com/sports/college/basketball/men/illini-outplayed-and-outhustled-in-exhibition-loss-to-eastern/article_543953db-159c-5373-8230-7850183b2daa.html#tracking-source=home-latest-1

Schadenfreude ensues.

B

BirdGrad2011

Don’t buy too much into exhibitions and scrimmages. Every year this happens to major schools. Syracuse and Wisconsin have made deep NCAA runs after dropping games like this.

chuckie1980

:violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Go Redbirds...!! Way to go Panthers!

TreRoberson4Heisman

Hopefully Whitman doesn’t feel inclinded to keep his tail between his legs — in terms of scheduling ILST — after being embarassed by EIU.

B

BirdGrad2011

I just know I’m not laughing at a young team until we see our young, injured team play.

ThisIsTheLineup

BirdGrad2011 said:
I just know I’m not laughing at a young team until we see our young, injured team play.

Ditto

Exhibition games mean nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redbirds2000

ThisIsTheLineup said:
BirdGrad2011 said:

Ditto

I guarantee that game meant something to EIU.

B

BirdGrad2011

redbirds2000 said:
ThisIsTheLineup said:
BirdGrad2011 said:

Ditto

I guarantee that game meant something to EIU.

If an exhibition is their super bowl... yikes. At least get up for games that count.

Hamdonger

Retire 12 said:
Exhibition or not...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm an Illini fan (of course ISU is tops) but not totally shocking on the outcome. Exhibition, new system, old culture meshing into new culture, and now they all know where they need to improve.

For EIU, it's VERY exciting for them. Kind of glad it turned out that way...for them. Been a LOOOOONG time since that gym has seen that kind of frenzied excitement. They need it over there.

And so do we.

bombay

Not an illini fan. Their lack of size (and depth up front) will get them crushed in league play.

DoubleDeuce

OVC would eat the Illini up. Maybe I'll hold off and see how the birds do against Murray State.

chuckie1980

I have stated this story before...

I watched a few seconds of the video of the game and Lantz Arena definitely was rocking...but nothing like the time I went to Chucktown and watched the Redbirds women's game when Stephanie Glance was coaching during TGiving week. There was only a few empty seats near me when I attended but the stands were FULL of screaming elementary students. omg....I had a headache until I made my return to the Champaign area due to the noise. AND the Birds lost by 30 points. It was the only time I thought hell was located in Charleston, IL.

Hamdonger

chuckie1980 said:
I have stated this story before...

I watched a few seconds of the video of the game and Lantz Arena definitely was rocking...but nothing like the time I went to Chucktown and watched the Redbirds women's game when Stephanie Glance was coaching during TGiving week. There was only a few empty seats near me when I attended but the stands were FULL of screaming elementary students. omg....I had a headache until I made my return to the Champaign area due to the noise. AND the Birds lost by 30 points. It was the only time I thought hell was located in Charleston, IL.

That's hilarious, man! Screaming grade schoolers. Ya gotta go in prepared, like this...
https://youtu.be/7t8xwpW8gJQ

Retire 12

Humdinger said:
Retire 12 said:
Exhibition or not...

I'm an Illini fan (of course ISU is tops) but not totally shocking on the outcome. Exhibition, new system, old culture meshing into new culture, and now they all know where they need to improve.

For EIU, it's VERY exciting for them. Kind of glad it turned out that way...for them. Been a LOOOOONG time since that gym has seen that kind of frenzied excitement. They need it over there.

And so do we.

Let me rephrase.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hamdonger

Retire 12 said:
Humdinger said:
Retire 12 said:
Exhibition or not...

And so do we.

Let me rephrase.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Retire...

I'm a wee bit slow. I don't think you're making yourself clear. Can you help a brother out?? I think you should work on communicating clearly. Maybe take speech comm 101 again? Or maybe it's just me...

cpacmel

And EIU follows up their big win by losing at home to D2 Southern Indiana (same conference as Lewis)

http://jg-tc.com/sports/basketball/eiu-men-upset-against-d-ii-usi/article_7a31e191-2b3e-50b5-b839-b1ddbeaffb45.html