Dusan Enters Portal

Adunk33

Staff member

Looking at the recruiting board with who is being targeted couple with Sy's return could've influenced this decision. I really liked how hard Duce played and wish him the best of luck.

PurpleRedbird

Agreed but lord we’ve got a gaping hole in terms of post presence.
I actually like our size and never saw him as a post presence any way. No offense meant, but there are dozens like him in the portal. We do need a little beef though I agree but thought that before.

B

BirdGrad2011

Dusan was a decent player for us, but really lacked mobility. He’s more of a traditional big that didn’t run the floor well. Couldn’t guard the perimeter. Wish him the best, but if we are really embracing a 4 and sometimes 5 out offense then there are better fits.

Bird Friend

A bit surprised by this. Dusan came on later in the season to establish himself. He seemed unafraid to sone dirty work to get in others’ heads. But he also could lose focus when calls (and no-calls) didn’t go his way. And he tended to want to dribble far too much and too often.

Can only hope we get someone better. Maybe our new AC is working on some guys.

MadBird

While Duce could be frustrating to watch, get serious people, he was at least halfway decent and there surely isn't anyone on the current roster to pick up for him, and couldn't agree more with ricohill, there is absolutely no reason to expect the current staff to bring in someone better. Maybe another Duce, w/o any experience with his new teammates. We can hope they catch lightning, but no reason to expect it.

Mahorcic was #5 in the MVC in rebounding (ahead of Golden Boy Krutwig!), #5 in FG %, #2 in offensive rebounds (ahead of Golden Boy).

CaliRdBrd

I liked him as a player.
What does our roster look like at this very minute? Has to be brutal...

gobirds85

While Duce could be frustrating to watch, get serious people, he was at least halfway decent and there surely isn't anyone on the current roster to pick up for him, and couldn't agree more with ricohill, there is absolutely no reason to expect the current staff to bring in someone better. Maybe another Duce, w/o any experience with his new teammates. We can hope they catch lightning, but no reason to expect it.

Mahorcic was #5 in the MVC in rebounding (ahead of Golden Boy Krutwig!), #5 in FG %, #2 in offensive rebounds (ahead of Golden Boy).

I liked his energy. It seems like we lack this type of player. I wish him the best where ever he lands.

WoodlandWarrior

The transfer portal has undoubtedly caused upheaval in college basketball, but for us....so has our downward trajectory.. Right now we need another Coach Jank to get us off the edge of the cliff. We should not be competing with low level programs for quite honestly lower level recruits. You older guys will know what I’m talking about.

B

BirdGrad2011

The transfer portal has undoubtedly caused upheaval in college basketball, but for us....so has our downward trajectory.. Right now we need another Coach Jank to get us off the edge of the cliff. We should not be competing with low level programs for quite honestly lower level recruits. You older guys will know what I’m talking about.
Hard pass on another Jank. We need a DeVries. Someone that will schedule up and up the talent level. Jank had no interest in being here in any way. Didn’t even fake it.

Top Bottom