Depth chart

Redbird Alum 2004

I am curious what you everyone thinks the rotation will next year assuming that Torres gets the waiver. I am thinking this right now. Could change is Taylor is fully healed and finds his stroke and how quickly Horne and Reeves acclimate to D1. The nice thing I see is lack of distractions and me first players. I actually see more talent in this roster than the previous two seasons had. How quickly the talent comes together will be the key. Much better coaching staff should enable that process.

Torres
Copeland
Chastain
N’Daiye
Fisher

Horne
Boyd
Reeves
Hillsman
Rey

Bruniga
Sissoko
Miller
Donnelly

Redbird222

Hard to say. You could make arguments for a variety of different folks getting substantial playing time. I don't see N'Daiye starting ... at least the first part of the year. Dan will use freshman but they tend to have to gain his confidence first. I could see Boyd starting if they want to go little bit smaller.

HT59

I see Rey developing this year and seeing substantial playing time.

Bird Friend

At this point, I doubt Dan even has a clue as to who will and who won't be starting/playing . . . other than, maybe, Fisher

Buffett

Bird Friend said:
At this point, I doubt Dan even has a clue as to who will and who won't be starting/playing . . . other than, maybe, Fisher

He may wanna get a clue then.

DaveBird10

Buffett said:
Bird Friend said:

This stuff is fun for fans to think whoa gonna play/start but Dan probably needs practice starting before he makes decisions on that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Buffett

ID imagine he has educated thoughts and is far from being clueless about who is gonna play (not having a clue). the exception being chronic injured players

TIMMY

And that's the beauty of having the Italy trip this year. Figure out who's your starting PG over some gnocchi and red sauce.

Adunk33

Staff member
Buffett said:
Bird Friend said:

If you were to ask any coach in the country that is dealing with this number of new players, and they had a definitive starting 5, I would show you either a liar, or a bad recruiter. If five players in May clearly stick out over the rest of the team and there is no competition, that is bad news. With a lot of the roster, Muller knows what he has after watching them practice last season. What he cannot control is the amount of in-game rust guys like Hillsman, Boyd, or Fisher might have. It's something you don't know until you've got the guys out there. He doesn't know how healthy Taylor will be. He doesn't know which freshmen will have calm enough nerves through their first trip on the D1 merry-go-round. Which is why, as others have mentioned, this is a GREAT year for the foreign trip.

I don't know how the depth chart will end up looking but if I had to make a WAY TOO EARLY GUESS. I do think Torres, Copeland, Chastain, and Fisher will start the season off. The guy playing the 4 could be Bruninga, Abdou, or Hillsman. Boyd will likely work his way into the starting lineup by December, in favor of who? IDK. I think Hillsman will get a lot of play based off his D1 experience and versatility, can play the 3-5. Reeves seems like he'll get some run too.

It's way too early to know how things are going to shake out, but as always on May 28, it seems we have a lot of depth for next season. Of course, we are a pair of injuries away from depth being an issue.

Buffett

Adunk33 said:
Buffett said:
Bird Friend said:

If you were to ask any coach in the country that is dealing with this number of new players, and they had a definitive starting 5, I would show you either a liar, or a bad recruiter. If five players in May clearly stick out over the rest of the team and there is no competition, that is bad news. With a lot of the roster, Muller knows what he has after watching them practice last season. What he cannot control is the amount of in-game rust guys like Hillsman, Boyd, or Fisher might have. It's something you don't know until you've got the guys out there. He doesn't know how healthy Taylor will be. He doesn't know which freshmen will have calm enough nerves through their first trip on the D1 merry-go-round. Which is why, as others have mentioned, this is a GREAT year for the foreign trip.

I don't know how the depth chart will end up looking but if I had to make a WAY TOO EARLY GUESS. I do think Torres, Copeland, Chastain, and Fisher will start the season off. The guy playing the 4 could be Bruninga, Abdou, or Hillsman. Boyd will likely work his way into the starting lineup by December, in favor of who? IDK. I think Hillsman will get a lot of play based off his D1 experience and versatility, can play the 3-5. Reeves seems like he'll get some run too.

It's way too early to know how things are going to shake out, but as always on May 28, it seems we have a lot of depth for next season. Of course, we are a pair of injuries away from depth being an issue.

And I repeat: ID imagine he has educated thoughts and is far from being clueless about who is gonna play (not having a clue). the exception being chronic injured players.

Baltimore Bird

I expect Rey to be a starter with serious minutes. He was already decent and with some improvement over the year can be a force in the MVC. I sure hope TB can come back and be a shooter. We really missed him this last year.

Hein....Interested to see what happens at Siena. Can Siena bring something out in him that ISU/Muller could not?

CaliRdBrd

Baltimore Bird said:
I expect Rey to be a starter with serious minutes. He was already decent and with some improvement over the year can be a force in the MVC. I sure hope TB can come back and be a shooter. We really missed him this last year.

Hein....Interested to see what happens at Siena. Can Siena bring something out in him that ISU/Muller could not?

I like the upside of Rey, but here we go again getting carried away about the next savior; a savior who averaged around 3pts/game.

SgtHulka

Baltimore Bird said:

So will Rey be a first teamer, or will the MVC be forced to create a new super classification? I'm thinking they may have to if your prediction that he goes to the NBA as the first midseason draftee occurs. Think a slightly more skilled Moses Malone

ISU FAN 1

Legal recreational marijuana bill moving thru Illinois legislature. Geoffrey Allen have any eligibility left?

Top Bottom