Dan and His Assistant Recruits - Most Talented - Most Impactful

GhostofMBA

Admittedly, I do believe Dan and his staff in the early years brought in better talent overall (class verses class) to that of Tim Jankovich. Tim J in the later years really brought in some talented people and was able to string together competitive teams. But I do feel that now, Dan is damaged goods. He has a player coaching, player development, and game management body of work now that can be judged based on the results of his abilities. I do believe Dan's recent classes are not at the level needed to compete in a weaker MVC. Sure, there may be a few individuals with talent in there, but with the new transfer rules and portal and unless Dan changes something, then I am not believing Dan will ever have enough put together to compete in this weaker MVC. At the end of this year and next year is going to be really telling who stays/leaves and about whether or not Dan can put something together to compete for the top of the MVC.

Most Talented: Zach Lofton. He took two different teams, which were Texas Southern and New Mexico State, to the NCAA by winning the conference championship. He was also the SWAC POY while at Texas Southern. Zach also has a 1 game played credit in the NBA.

Most Impactful: Paris Lee. I do not think Dan gets the contract he has now without Paris Lee.

B

BirdGrad2011

Not so sure I’d call Lofton more talented than Daishon Knight or DAP. Point still stands. Though I do think Horne, Reeves, and potential Fleming or Washington could reach similar levels by year 4.

Birdfriend72

Not so sure I’d call Lofton more talented than Daishon Knight or DAP. Point still stands. Though I do think Horne, Reeves, and potential Fleming or Washington could reach similar levels by year 4.
Maybe we will get lucky and one will grow 7-10 inches like Anthony Davis.