Copeland and Chastain

DannyCooksey

Does anyone have any info on how these two are doing in practice? I'm excited to see them next year. I think both will make an impact.

Atrey22

When we were driving home after a game a couple weeks or so ago I remember Dan saying that they are doing a great job simulating the opponents scout team in practice & some days they have been the best players on the floor- so that sounds very promising :eusa-pray:

Brick

Furthermore from what I heard Copeland would have easily been a double digit scorer for us. Would have been a Four digit monster instead of 3. Assuming we stay healthy and everyone returns that’s what we have forward to look for next year

Bird Friend

Both of them, along with Key and Phil participate in the captains' meet with the refs before game time. That tells me Dan thinks very highly of them both.

Redbird Alum 2004

The potential of next yesterday team is very high. I think we see them all back. I also believe that Romine, who got screwed out of his redshirt at utep, will get a medical redshirt this year. Dan being the solid human he is doesn't want to waste another year for that young man if possible.

Bird Friend

Redbird Alum 2004 said:
The potential of next yesterday team is very high. I think we see them all back. I also believe that Romine, who got screwed out of his redshirt at utep, will get a medical redshirt this year. Dan being the solid human he is doesn't want to waste another year for that young man if possible.
You and next yesterday! :lol:

Redbird Alum 2004

Bird Friend said:
Redbird Alum 2004 said:
You and next yesterday! :lol:

:doh: I did it again

Adunk33

Staff member
http://www.pantagraph.com/sports/college/illinois-state/transfers-copeland-chastain-eager-for-next-season-with-redbirds/article_579a32ed-6deb-501e-9ad8-e28d60cb4709.html

Very promising per this article from a few weeks back. I think this season, we have a lot of points sitting on the bench with Copeland and Chastain.

DannyCooksey

Adunk33 said:
http://www.pantagraph.com/sports/college/illinois-state/transfers-copeland-chastain-eager-for-next-season-with-redbirds/article_579a32ed-6deb-501e-9ad8-e28d60cb4709.html

Very promising per this article from a few weeks back. I think this season, we have a lot of points sitting on the bench with Copeland and Chastain.

thanks man

I thought I recalled seeing an article fairly recently but I couldn't locate it. I was very high on Chastain coming out of high school. With 3 summers on a college campus and all that weight room work he should be physically prepared to contribute quite a bit next year.

Copeland has the looks of a taller and more gifted offensive version of Emmanuel Holloway. At least that's who he reminded me of in highlights.

Redbird28

DannyCooksey said:
Does anyone have any info on how these two are doing in practice? I'm excited to see them next year. I think both will make an impact.

I got a chance to talk to Matt for about 5 minutes after the UNI game and he said the doctor told him he should be back to 100% by April. He said he's looking forward to the end of the season so that he can get a chance to get some rest and let it get back to where he feels fully comfortable with it.

I want to make it clear that he was not saying he wants the season to end ASAP, so please do not read it that way. He was just talking about himself specifically. Paraphrasing a bit here obviously, but essentially what our entire discussion boiled down to is that he feels pretty good just not 100 yet and he wants to get a little break from the grind, but he should be good to go when they start back up for next season's prep.

Top Bottom