Cooper Kupp

jbird

FWIW, during the Super Bowl I was reminded that Cooper Kupp was at Eastern Washington when the Redbirds beat them on the way to Frisco in the 2014-25 playoff run.

MadBird

He was already showing signs of his future - 10 receptions for 185 yards and 2 TD's.

For the record, and Total Red, Coprich had 30 rushing attempts for 258 yards and 4 TD's.

fourthandshort

I was talking about the NFL……… no one is going to draft a drug dealer…….
eh ... I could be wrong, but I dont think that incident was an NFL career killer. There has been way worse done, and looked past by NFL teams. McLean County and BloNo police lean pretty conservative. They went after Shelby Harris hard and he ultimately got kicked for something that never happened. From what I understand, Marshaun was just a deliver boy trying to make some spending money. I could be wrong, but Marshaun struck me as a "good kid" who made a bad decision and this was made clear to the judge. now Spack let him off the hook way to easy .. should have been a 1 to 3 game suspension for sure .. 3 to 4, if I'm being honest.

I think he just wasn't quite an NFL body and had a weird running style that may not have worked as well at next level. He had speed and quicks, and could take and avoid hits with that jump cut. But he was lot more wiggle than juke, and didn't have much size. it worked very well at FCS level obviously. But his way of making people miss would not have worked so well at next level .. you need to juke people at next level. JR has much more juke and a whole lot of power. Both had great vision and instinct, but they made people miss in dfifferent ways when they weren't just out-running them. Though I'll admit, I didn't see JR being this good, I thought he would be a very solid RB rotation guy .. not the franchise guy.

fourthandshort

That was an incredibly entertaining game. lots of talent on that field
Yep on the talent level.

Our offense had 3 NFL players on the field that day, and none of them named Roberson or Coprich. Our defense only had Davontae Harris, but many very good players. .. loved that secondary, they were fearless .. Spack's 2nd best secondary to the 2019 crew IMO

Did a little digging ... EWU didn't just have WR Cooper Kupp, but also WR Kendrick Bourne (Patriot starter) and OLB Samson Ebukam .. was starter for Rams with Kupp in 2020, before going to SF this past year. Plus their QB Vernon Adams wound up transferring to Oregon and tore it up in pac 10, but never got close to NFL .. he's doing ok in CFL finally earning starter role.

A wee bit of talent indeed ...

Last edited:

jbird

Another thing about that game at Eastern Washington..........that's the game when an EWU O-lineman's dad had a heart attack in the stands and the following week Redbird players wore a 65 decal on their helmets.

fourthandshort

Another thing about that game at Eastern Washington..........that's the game when an EWU O-lineman's dad had a heart attack in the stands and the following week Redbird players wore a 65 decal on their helmets.
Tragic situation ... i was at that game. To think all that commotion in the stands, then the ambulance drives onto field. And the player eventually gets told its his dad. Then after ambulance takes him away, the player makes a full on sprint to parking lot, i assume to get to hospital.

Then we had to finish the game, which was so anticlimactic to an otherwise great Redbird performance. It was a clinic for almost 3 qtrs ... slow start and finish, but sreamrolled them in between.

Wearing the kids # against UNH was a great gesture.

Top Bottom