Chastain - Arm in a Sling?

JHBird

I saw him from a distance at the volleyball game this weekend. His right arm was in a sling and his wrist looked bandaged (or maybe in a cast). Anybody hear anything? Hopefully it's just a sprain ( or I mistook him for another long haired white kid hanging out with Copeland & Torres ).

Adunk33

Staff member
Doesn't look like he is in the photos from yesterday's practice.

He was sitting a few rows behind me and I didn't notice a sling. But it didn't really stare at him either. Just noticed he was behind me... so I might have missed it.

Adunk33

Staff member
At least its not a leg injury. He can keep his cardio workouts going so there is minimal transition time when the season starts.

redbirdron1

Here's the thing - Matt plays with reckless abandon......that's ok but it catches up
to you. All who watched the team play before they went to Italy wondered how long
it would take before he had a spill where he broke something. Heard the same thing last
year and he missed a bit of time then too.

We need Matt in short order so hope he heals quickly.

As we start October.....here we go with the injuries, Matt and TB's sore foot. Chances are we'll have
a couple more before our first tip off. Just the way it plays for Muller's squads.

JHBird

Adunk33 said:
At least its not a leg injury. He can keep his cardio workouts going so there is minimal transition time when the season starts.

Yep, and no two handed jams. Looks like he might end up missing a game. I think we need him for that Belmont game. Don't want to give up 100 points on our home court.

Hamdonger

redbirdron1 said:
Here's the thing - Matt plays with reckless abandon......that's ok but it catches up
to you.

Yes he does but it's an unusual abandon because he's a conservative ballplayer...up to this point anyway. He's got a little bit of Coop in him in the fact that his style of play (the jumping part) energizes the crowd. I think everyone wants to see him be more aggressive (as in more shots) on the offensive end. Don't believe he'll ever be a big scorer for us though. Doubt he'll even ever avg 10 a game with us but with the rest of his heady game (xcept for the MoSt entry pass) I'm just fine with that.

TB, man I just don't know. It's got the smell of a chronic injury. I'd love to see him thrive in a basketball uni. If not though...throw on a baseball jersey and get that 89/90 fastball up to a dancing 95.

Adunk33

Staff member
Broke his thumb (first metacarpal) on his shooting hand in practice on Saturday.

Tpguy

they shouldn't have our starters practice like the Chicago Bears don't

Top Bottom