Brian Adams leaves team

saxman210

https://twitter.com/b_a021/status/1110214257927471105?s=21

I’m pretty sure we expected him to be RB1 in the future so this stings a bit.

Total Red

Staff member
When Kevin Brown played in the final game against Youngstown and Adams didn't I was afraid this might happen. RB remains a high turnover position.

ISUBU

saxman210 said:
I’m pretty sure we expected him to be RB1 in the future so this stings a bit.
I wish him well. Competitive kids sometimes want to move to assure themselves of playing time. I never saw enough to expect anything specific. Under new rules that he could play in a few games and still redshirt, I think he played once. I was more impressed with Brown, and then we brought in transfers and freshmen that will also push for playing time. Again, Adams is just a freshman and I hope he finds a place he likes and that fits his game.

fourthandshort

No doubt related to juco transfer RB Proctor, preferred walkon RB Brown getting carries in last game, and strong FR RB group coming in. Can not blame him whatsoever for looking down the road and doing what is best for him. Some people just want a real chance to see the field. My guess is he would have been decent backup for us ... best wishes, hope he finds a place where he will have shot at seeing the field.

Adunk33

Staff member
I see this departure as just having a surplus of good running backs. We've talked about becoming Running Back U before, and I think we are on our way. We know what we have in James, and Spack seems really impressed with Proctor. Add in some good young guys in this recruiting class and there will be a lot of competition in the coming years.

fourthandshort

fdbird83 said:
Brian Adams leaving, cuts like a knife.

hey !!! you stole my line ... quinnie ... you need to suspend this posters privileges for a week ... i already used that line on his signing day !!! I suppose he put a different twist on it .. but still .. its mine !!!!!

:D

p.s. dad jokes are so under-appreciated these days

Top Bottom