@Bradley 1/23

bb fan

I thought I would start the discussion for the Bradley game on Wednesday because I wanted to post about a TV commercial I just saw for the game. It was clearly produced and purchased by BU and made me laugh out loud. It states several bogus, marginal reasons they are better than us. Including they beat us in attendance. Keep in mind how they do their numbers. They seemed to have left out who has won 7 or the last 8 games..

So, they are clearly talking trash on the local TV stations, getting pretty cocky of late :) They are spending some $$$, as I have seen it twice the in last hour. Time to beat those bumbling Bradley Braves at the ice rink. And c'mon over early to our Redbird pregame party at Kelleher's on Water Street. We always have a fun, big crowd. The fun starts at 4:30pm. Early game start at 6pm. GO YOU REDBIRDS!

Tpguy

I just hope both teams play well and look for good sportsmanship.

Chi-bird

Have we ever played Bradley in Peoria on a Saturday or Sunday? It seems we’ve played them on a Wednesday night fr the past 3 decades.

chuckie1980

Bradley attempts to save face.....and she ain't pretty....

BU...56
ISU...61

I am not very confident in the Birds winning this game.

WoodlandWarrior

The Bradley bookstore has no sense of humor when I ask if they have any Illinois State apparel..

bb fan

Bradley has always chosen to play us during the week. Their perspective is the game always sells well for them, anyway, so why use up a Saturday night for the rivalry game. When Saturdays traditionally do better for them regardless who they play.

We get a lot of Chicago area fans who want to see this game. It is easier for them to do a Saturday, so we usually do the BU game on a Saturday.

ISU FAN 1

Can this message be translated to other media? Keep us posted if you see any billboards trashing ISU.

bb fan

https://www.facebook.com/BradleyAthletics/videos/1977294228986740/

WoodlandWarrior

Stressing attendance? Is that the best they can do? What have they done against the Birds in the last 22 games?

Birdswin

That is weak - very weak. Field goal defensive average is the best statistic they can find to advertise??? Holy Smokes.

What is the ISU-BU series since Muller was a Freshman? I would be willing to bet it is something like 35-18.

DoubleDeuce

chuckie1980 said:
Bradley attempts to save face.....and she ain't pretty....

BU...56
ISU...61

I am not very confident in the Birds winning this game.

I'm expecting something as ugly as the braves@Salukis on Sunday. Stop Brown and Childs and the rest of the Peoria pukes should stop themselves.

Redbird222

Get off to a good start and we should be abkento make it two in a row on the road.

Birds 66
Bradley 57

DannyCooksey

Just win. no excuse or reason to lose to Bradley. a loss of any kind is totally unacceptable.

DannyCooksey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MahgrJYWgQ

It just never gets old. Still not sure what my fav part is....Knuckle-Wee Wee Maniscalco or Glasser.

this is is just priceless.

gobirds85

I got "extra gas" just watching it. I can't watch the whole thing as I just threw up a bit. Truly one of the saddest things I have ever watched and I almost made it through the movie, "The Accidental Tourist".

Phantom

Just win the damn game. Bottom line is we are the better team. BU struggles at home. I do fear they could have one of those shoot the lights out/drain 3's all night kind of games they used to always do to us in the mid-2000s, but if they don't there's no excuse not to take this one.

Us 66
Them 62

The BU Shuffle is still one of the best-worst things in the history of college sports :lol: It's both embarrassing and hysterical at the same time.

birdlife

this AP headline is amazing...

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/recap?gameId=401089281

Adunk33

Staff member
This game was scared me a lot....then Bradley won and got the monkey off their back against SIU. Now it scares me less. They were due for a win and got one. On the other hand, the Birds finally got a road win.

The Birds have the better team and its not close. Yarbs and Key are both dealing with mid-season nagging injuries but MY dropped 28 with a bum knee on Saturday. Who is going to be the guy for BU? Brown? Meh. I just think we have too much for them to handle. Get a win and get out healthy.

It just needs to be put together. The conference season has been a general step in the right direction. Wednesday, the next step needs to be taken and come in with a road win streak for Sunday's game at home against INST, which also scares me. Two wins this week does a LOT for us in separating from the bottom half. I see Valpo dropping one this week (Drake and Mo State at home), I could see Loyola dropping one too (@MO State, home against SIU).

SgtHulka

ISU leads the series of games played between the two teams when both were D1. Glad theyre proud of their stellar record against lower division schools. Good for them.

Top Bottom