Brad Underwood and Strategic Change

Birdman85

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/court-report-illinois-is-ncaa-tournament-bound-because-brad-underwood-admitted-defeat-and-changed-his-style/

Good article on Brad Underwood changing his style. Watched them against Rutgers and this was talked about in game. They discussed Brad's son Tyler having a buddy who did some analytical studies on their defense from last year and ways to improve. It would be refreshing to see a coach adjust his ways. Also for everyone who cries for more of a HAVOC style you could be dead wrong. God knows we lack discipline so imagine all the fouls we would commit.

Hrtnfldhse

Just finished reading this article. Amazing a coach completely changed his defensive philosophy because the metrics showed the way he was coaching defense wasn't working. I particularly found the turnovers interesting. The Illini were forcing a lot of turnovers but not seeing the benefits. Good read

ISU FAN 1

If coaches aren’t using big data analytics, they are at a disadvantage.

birdlife

in all seriousness, does anyone know what kind of resources the coaching staff has specifically for analytics? i would be interested to hear what, if anything, they have at their disposal.

SgtHulka

birdlife said:
in all seriousness, does anyone know what kind of resources the coaching staff has specifically for analytics? i would be interested to hear what, if anything, they have at their disposal.

That information is available on the premium forum.

Buffett

My analytics say to have a nice 7 ft 290 lb lottery pick in the middle,

BTbird

Analytics say that we should start running the 4 corners offense and stop running the 4 corners defense.

SgtHulka

Given our current state, this might be the best option
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsdnDSw2Z5E
Not seeing this disaster the season has turned into after a good first 2 games changing course