Bracketology

Sanantoniobird

I know no one looked, pretty much guessing that any team but us would be in Lunardi's 64, but look again folks...
live in the moment just while it lasts :dance:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Illinois State coming in as a 13 seed.

Jsnhbe1Birds

Several looked. There is posts about it in the projections thread. But, good to get this thread going.

Tpguy

Sanantoniobird said:
I know no one looked, pretty much guessing that any team but us would be in Lunardi's 64, but look again folks...

Looks like we could run into Wichita State in the Final Four

Jsnhbe1Birds

Tpguy said:
Sanantoniobird said:

Looks like we could run into Wichita State in the Final Four

Nah, elite 8. We're in the same region.

Sanantoniobird

Jsnhbe1Birds said:
Several looked. There is posts about it in the projections thread. But, good to get this thread going.
I’m not surprised, I haven’t had a “scoop” on this board since Brian used to run it.

SgtHulka

Sanantoniobird said:
Jsnhbe1Birds said:
I’m not surprised, I haven’t had a “scoop” on this board since Brian used to run it.

How Travis Wilson would dominate the conference was the last good scoop here

Bird Friend

November Bracketology = Bovine Scatology for Sgt. Hulka's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

Baltimore Bird

I would expect after Northern Iowa's strong showing they will now be the team in the NCAA tournament from the Valley per Lunardi.

CaliRdBrd

Wow. Our lone representative, according to the latest bracketology, is Drake with a 15 seed. How sad how far the Valley has fallen.

Redbirdfan21

CaliRdBrd said:
Wow. Our lone representative, according to the latest bracketology, is Drake with a 15 seed. How sad how far the Valley has fallen.

For 1 bid leagues, Lunardi just uses the current first place team in the league... means absolutely nothing.

Adunk33

Staff member
Until UNI went 0-3 to start the MVC play, they were consistently in consideration for at-large. I've been saying it for years. I love the tough scheduling Muller has been doing because it makes us relevant during the season. Regardless, it all comes down to those 3 days in March. We've learned if you leave it up to the committee they will put in lower tier P5 over top tier Non p5

CaliRdBrd

Redbirdfan21 said:
CaliRdBrd said:

For 1 bid leagues, Lunardi just uses the current first place team in the league... means absolutely nothing.

I kinda disagree. To me it says that the very best team in our conference is perceived as no better than a potential 15 seed.

Manchester Matt

CaliRdBrd said:
Redbirdfan21 said:
CaliRdBrd said:

I kinda disagree. To me it says that the very best team in our conference is perceived as no better than a potential 15 seed.

Missouri State wouldn’t be a 15 seed. Not even close.

If you think Drake is the very best team in the conference, well, I don’t know what the hell to tell ya.

CaliRdBrd

Santa Cason said:
CaliRdBrd said:
Redbirdfan21 said:

Missouri State wouldn’t be a 15 seed. Not even close.

If you think Drake is the very best team in the conference, well, I don’t know what the hell to tell ya.

I ageee with you that MoSt would probably be 10 or 11 and that Drake is not the best team, although right now they look it. The issue I have is the perception of how weak our conference is affects our overall reputation, especially with those who use bracketology as a guideline.
Perception can be reality.

Jsnhbe1Birds

Did you know?

There are 13 D1 basketball teams in Illinois. Over the past 10 seasos each team has had 10 chances to make the NCAA tournament (except SIU-E who has only had five opportunities). That's a total of 125 chances. Only one Illinois team has made the NCAA tournament in the past 10 years. U of Illinois with four appearances. Illinois teams are 4/125. That's 3%. What a sad state of D1 basketball in Illinois. The last time an Illinois team was in the NCAA tournament was in March of 2013. It's about March 2018 and it's unlikely an Illinois team makes the NCAA tournament for a fifth year in a row.

cpacmel

Jsnhbe1Birds said:
Did you know?

There are 13 D1 basketball teams in Illinois. Over the past 10 seasos each team has had 10 chances to make the NCAA tournament (except SIU-E who has only had five opportunities). That's a total of 125 chances. Only one Illinois team has made the NCAA tournament in the past 10 years. U of Illinois with four appearances. Illinois teams are 4/125. That's 3%. What a sad state of D1 basketball in Illinois. The last time an Illinois team was in the NCAA tournament was in March of 2013. It's about March 2018 and it's unlikely an Illinois team makes the NCAA tournament for a fifth year in a row.

Chris Collins wants to know what happened to his 2017 Northwestern Wildcats? :oops:

Jsnhbe1Birds

Lol. Good catch. That's how much anyone cares about NW. Okay, 5/125 (4%). One appearance in last four years for the whole state of Illinois is nothing to write home about.

Rollbirds5

Jsnhbe1Birds said:
Did you know?

Northwestern last year

Top Bottom