Bison win 6th Championship

Redbird78

17-13!

Congratulations.

Really enjoyed Dukes home team announcers courtesy of the Eastern Sports Programming Network. Not.

dpdoughbird06

Redbird78 said:
17-13!

Congratulations.

Really enjoyed Dukes home team announcers courtesy of the Eastern Sports Programming Network. Not.

I really didn't pay much attention to announcers. Nice to see an opposing fan base that could limit Bison Nation to half of Toyota Park for once.

Birdswin

Good win for the Bison - but, good grief, what a terrible job by the refs in this game - that was just embarrassing for a national championship game.

ISUBU

Birdswin said:
Good win for the Bison - but, good grief, what a terrible job by the refs in this game - that was just embarrassing for a national championship game.

The Bison punting unit should be embarrassed after this game. Terrible "tackling" giving up long returns multiple times. Bison kept giving JMU great field position.

Of course JMU receivers dropped lots of passes. Not the showcase for FCS talent.

fourthandshort

thought the defense was phenomenal for both teams. but ISUBU nailed it ... JMU receivers were terrible, which offset the huge field position advantage JMU had all game. I think the average difference in field position per drive was nearly 20 yards per series. Some of that was JMU's doing, some of it was luck, some of it was NDSU's doing .. but the punt game killed NDSU all game .. both punt and punt cover.

I put lack of offense mostly on both teams being great on defense .. but JMU receivers cost JMU the game ... guessing 5 easy drops, then couple more tough drops.

But today's game rivaled our 2014 game for competitiveness down to the wire .. I'll still take our game over today's game, given superior offensive play in our 2014 natty .. but today's defenses were very very good .. great game for sure.

And chalk one more up for MVFC !!

Chi-bird

I only was only able to catch the very end of the game. Looks like it was certainly a great game. Congrats to the Bison on their 6th championship in 7 years. What a truly remarkable feat.

Top Bottom