Birdbash

Redbirdfan21

I got an email about this. Anyone paid the $60 donation and have access to the auction? I’m hesitant to donate until I know what auctions items there are and the starting bidding price...

http://www.goredbirds.com/news/2018/4/16/wsf-exciting-silent-auction-experiences-and-items-highlight-2018-bird-bash.aspx?path=wsf

Reggie Redbird

Go to 501auctions.com/birdbash

They’ll have all the auction items and current bid prices there for you.

Redbirdfan21

Reggie Redbird said:
Go to 501auctions.com/birdbash

They’ll have all the auction items and current bid prices there for you.

My man- Thanks! Did I miss that link somewhere, or did ISU not do a good job of advertising it? (shocker)

bb fan

You may still be able to come to the event this evening. I am looking forward to it. Had a great time last year.

Morans14

bb fan said:
You may still be able to come to the event this evening. I am looking forward to it. Had a great time last year.
we'll see you there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gobirds85

I'm the king of the stupid questions, so here it goes...why would they not hold this on a weekend so the Chicago area alums could make the trek down and participate in person? Many events I get invited to happen to be held during the week. I have a ton of flexibility with my schedule, but so many others do not. What gives?

Adunk33

Staff member
gobirds85 said:
I'm the king of the stupid questions, so here it goes...why would they not hold this on a weekend so the Chicago area alums could make the trek down and participate in person? Many events I get invited to happen to be held during the week. I have a ton of flexibility with my schedule, but so many others do not. What gives?

Bid on the Golf and Dinner Package with the Lyons family and ask them! :lol:

bb fan

I dunno. You take a risk of losing a lot of local folks who may be out of town for the weekend. Also, there are often more events to compete with on the weekends.

Reggie Redbird

gobirds85 said:

I would think a few reasons, although Chicago alums make a good point.

Our coaches and athletes who work this event do not have competitions on a week night. They like to have them at the event to work the room.

I think they are also catering to their fan bases and auction donors being largely local alums/fans. How many folks in Chicago have WBB and VB season tickets? For those who do, how many use them?

Bird Friend

Reggie Redbird said:
gobirds85 said:

Our coaches and athletes who work this event do not have competitions on a week night. They like to have them at the event to work the room.

I think they are also catering to their fan bases and auction donors being largely local alums/fans. How many folks in Chicago have WBB and VB season tickets? For those who do, how many use them?

I'll ask this for TPguy, cuz I know he'll be too embarrassed to ask, but was is WBB and VB? ;)

bb fan

Birdbash was GREAT this evening. Kudos to the athletics department, our terrific student athletes, and all that bid on the great stuff up for auction. Another great day to be a Redbird :)

JHBird

Bird Friend said:
Reggie Redbird said:
gobirds85 said:

I'll ask this for TPguy, cuz I know he'll be too embarrassed to ask, but was is WBB and VB? ;)

woman's basketball, volley ball.

Sorry for butting in ... but I love puzzles.

Top Bottom