Ballin' on Beautfort 10/19

Adunk33

Staff member
Though I wish there was more basketball related activity, I am looking forward to it. This is as much or more about supporting the local business on Beaufort as it is Redbird Basketball. Uptown is booming right now with a lot of establishments that have opened in the last year or so.

Phantom

Glad they're trying some new things. This should be cool to attend for students and the community. Great for local businesses too as Dunk said. Downtown (I still call it that out of habit) has seen a lot of improvements in recent years and its a great area to walk around in & visit the bars/restaurants/shops. This is a neat idea that highlights both downtown and our marquee sports.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Are they also bringing in lights? Sun set is at 6:15. And I love the Vidette but ain't no way it's going to be 60+ degrees at 7 pm.

DaveBird10

Are they also bringing in lights? Sun set is at 6:15. And I love the Vidette but ain't no way it's going to be 60+ degrees at 7 pm.
I asked a few people and they did hire a lighting company for the event. Its the same lighting company that they hired for a Night With The Redbirds.

SgtHulka

Wish I wasn’t in Tahoe. Sounds like a great event. Athletics is kicking up the effort dial
Christopher Guest These Go To Eleven GIF by Maudit

Bdub777

Huge kudos to the creativity behind this event, Night With the Redbirds, Return to Horton and others. I hope they also rebrand and rename Taste of Redbirds (it’s like chicken)….

Seriously good article detailing the event in the Vidette from a marketing, community and sports perspective.

Dmills

Nice event, too bad it started to rain at the end. Kinziger has a really nice shooting stroke.

Birdswin

The event tonight was an Excellent Idea. Good to see a lot of people, especially all of the younger kids who came out. The bars and restaurants were all open and could take drinks out - a wonderful atmosphere. There were several things they can learn from - at least I hope so. Either get a bigger generator or have more than one - the sound system kept overloading the generator and it would cut out. Also, place additional speakers down along the sidewalk towards the basketball court. The lighting people - how about putting the lights up in the air versus starting them from the ground and going up about 7 feet - the lighting needs to be higher than the backboard and hoop.

John Kinziger can shoot the 3 - Holy Smokes. Bring it on. Shades of Brad Duncan and Jeff Harris......

Phantom

Wasn't there, but glad it went well. Pics looked cool. Nice crowd. Great for both programs and for downtown. These are the kinds of interesting/quirky/off-kilter ideas you need to do to get people involved and interested. Plus it puts the players in direct contact with the fans & community and people will cheer for people they know and like. Couple that with some early wins and get some buzz going and RA starts to draw again. Let's Go!

TheDude

I wasn't able to attend. Did anyone see how Walker was moving around and/or if he's still in the boot?

Top Bottom