Bad loss

Redbird82

Gotta give the ladies credit for coming back down 6 with 40 seconds left, they actually a potential game winning shot, but did tie and send to OT. But they gave up 23 in the 5 minute OT. They switched with the guys this weekend, the guys shot it decent, at one point the women were 2-20 from 3. Road games are tough but too many good teams in the league to lose to a mediocre one…

cubird

Looked like dead legs throughout the game. Was unable to watch the OT. Sounds like they simply ran out of gas.

MadBird

I watched on and off, and it sure looked like the Birds were getting the worst of the reffing. Lotsa calls, both ways. Birds got called for 35 fouls! 4 fouled out and one with 4 at the end. UIC made 27 FT's, one less than the number of FG's they made! 27-40 at the line for UIC. Total number of fouls called in the game = 65. SIXTY-FIVE in a 40 minute game.

That said, you gotta put the ball in the basket. Tough loss.

Hamdonger

I watched on and off, and it sure looked like the Birds were getting the worst of the reffing. Lotsa calls, both ways. Birds got called for 35 fouls! 4 fouled out and one with 4 at the end. UIC made 27 FT's, one less than the number of FG's they made! 27-40 at the line for UIC. Total number of fouls called in the game = 65. SIXTY-FIVE in a 40 minute game.

65 fouls? As in, 6...5...65??? I'm happy that the officials have healthy lungs.😵‍💫

Dmills

That is certainly a lot of fouls. I only watched the end of the game but it seemed like we got the biggest call of the game with the foul call on Wong's three. Definitely questionable and sent the game to OT. Regardless of the officiating, very disappointing loss.

We are now in 6th place... (for reference, the men's team is in 8th and 1 game back of 6th). We will likely be facing an 8-0 Drake team at home next weekend. Would be huge to get a win. It will be a good crowd for pack the arena. The UNI game Thursday night is even more critical. Can't afford to go 0-2 at home. We are now playing for a top 4 seed and a 1st round bye.

mvcfan80

UIC shot 40 ft and we only shot 24 ft. There may have been a little home cooking but last home game we shot 36 ft to only 8 ft for MSU which is much more lopsided. So the home cooking tends to even out, which is one reason it is so important to protect home court. Too often the home team gets the benefit of calls which is aggravating but a reality.

crazzymark

there's a new woman's head coach that I dislike even more than the old Missouri State coach. she complained about everything and 65 fouls one game is stupid thanks to their annoying head coach

mvcfan80

I agree 65 fouls is just crazy. Too many MVC refs are whistle happy. Seems like especially on Sunday when the P5 teams are playing (better MVC officials also ref P5 games and make more money), that MVC officiating is often amateur hour. To me Hamilton was much more abrasive than Bracey is but Bracey is a persistent complainer for sure and a lot of people don't like her. She is a good young coach though.

Top Bottom