Avila Gives Back

Redbird222

D1 college athlete gives back to his alma mater in Oak Forest

Indiana State basketball player Robbie Avila surprises the boys basketball team at his old high school in Oak Forest with new shoes. FOX 32's Nate Rodgers was ...

Nice story about Robbie Avila. Hard not to root for this kids when you see him play on the court and now you see this off the court.

A couple of thoughts

1. Some kids just get
2. Wondering if NIL money at Indiana St is better than the birds NIL pool

SgtHulka

Eyebrow Raise GIF by ANTIQUES ROADSHOW | PBS

gobirds85

Anyone have any thoughts on how this guy got away from us? Sounds like a great kid, on and off the court.

fdbird83

Anyone have any thoughts on how this guy got away from us? Sounds like a great kid, on and off the court.
I was talking with a friend of mine who is an SIU grad, Avila played for Bryan Mullins dads AAU team and wanted to come to Southern. Bryan decided to take the 7-footer from Amarillo, Texas who has barely played in his 2 years at SIU. I don't know if the story is true or not but it makes for a good story.

Bird Friend

Coaching change. Muller would’ve been recruiting, and Mullins’ dad didn’t like Dan. And Pedon was trying to figure out what we needed When he got here. I doubt he had a chance to make the connections necessary . . .

Bird Friend

Coaching change. Muller would’ve been recruiting, and Mullins’ dad didn’t like Dan. And Pedon was trying to figure out what we needed When he got here. I doubt he had a chance to make the connections necessary . . .
Checking Verbal Commits, appears Muller never offered.

fdbird83

SYcs down 10 at half at Michigan State. They are getting killed inside but their ability to shoot the 3 has kept them in it.

Top Bottom