2010-6,957
2011-8,115
2012-6,511
2013-10,138
2014-9,185
2015-9,194
2016-10,156
2017 so far 12,114

I believe that 2012 was the construction year. I really hope the weather is good for NDSU. We need a sellout for that. It looks like the weather will be bad Saturday. It's a sellout so 13,000 plus anyway.

Birdfan 4Life

Thanks for compiling the averages!

Next step is more Season Ticket holders from people that have been having a hard time getting tickets to these "Event Games" or have to sit on the West Side to their dismay.

Then, Permanent Seating so we can fully take advantage of the 4 Big Event games we have each year (Opener, CommUniv, Family, Homecoming). I think we could fill 15,000-18,000 for those games if we had actual seating.

Example: Family Weekend has been Sold Out for Traditional Seating for over 2 months now along with every Tailgating Lot.

Open up more Lots closer to the Stadium by the Bone Student Center for Tailgating and start bringing in some bleachers if you have to in the short run. We are poised to explode if the powers at be take advantage of our current and future success under Coach Spack and the talented players we have in the program.

Reggie Redbird

If I'm not mistaken, the 2007 average includes a 17,200 "sellout" crowd for Homecoming against SIU. Basically they packed them in and SIU traveled a lot of fans. We don't have the opportunity with our current stadium to fit that many in, especially thousands of extras in the grassy areas. I think that number skews that yearly attendance a bit, but it shows what a good team can draw and also the importance traveling fan bases can play. We may have more people in attendance at a students-on-break game than ever before because NDSU travels. WIU could bring a big crowd too, although losses in their last two weeks to NDSU and SDSU may impact that a little bit.

Phantom

Reggie Redbird said:
If I'm not mistaken, the 2007 average includes a 17,200 "sellout" crowd for Homecoming against SIU.

I have a poster they made of that game somewhere. It was something like 17,500+. Every seat full plus a huge ring of people around the whole stadium. That was insane. We were ranked #3 at the time and SIU was #5. There was another game the week before or the week after that (YSU I believe) that was over 16K if I remember correctly (senior year at ISU...a little foggy on the details lol). Fire Marshall put a stop to those SRO crowds pretty quickly after that. But those were fun times. That 07 team we had was loaded.

Total Red

Staff member
Phantom said:
Reggie Redbird said:
If I'm not mistaken, the 2007 average includes a 17,200 "sellout" crowd for Homecoming against SIU.

I have a poster they made of that game somewhere. It was something like 17,500+. Every seat full plus a huge ring of people around the whole stadium. That was insane. We were ranked #3 at the time and SIU was #5. There was another game the week before or the week after that (YSU I believe) that was over 16K if I remember correctly (senior year at ISU...a little foggy on the details lol). Fire Marshall put a stop to those SRO crowds pretty quickly after that. But those were fun times. That 07 team we had was loaded.

Phantom

Total Red said:
Phantom said:
Reggie Redbird said:

Oh yeah. Like I said, little foggy. Lots of hype for the 07 team, then we lost the opener, at home, to Drake on a tipped pick-six at the buzzer and never recovered.

saxman210

Phantom said:
Total Red said:
Phantom said:

Oh yeah. Like I said, little foggy. Lots of hype for the 07 team, then we lost the opener, at home, to Drake on a tipped pick-six at the buzzer and never recovered.

The SIU game was the “mini-football” game where the student section made it rain on the Saluki players coming out onto the field.

RollBirds2002

saxman210 said:
Phantom said:
Total Red said:

The SIU game was the “mini-football” game where the student section made it rain on the Saluki players coming out onto the field.

That was the year after I graduated. I believe we got a warning for that the 1st time and the 2nd time we got a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct. WHY did they give the STUDENT section mini footballs right where the away team enters and exits the field?! And why did the cheerleaders throw them right back in the stands after everyone threw them the first time?! :lol:

For the record I didn't take part even though I was in the student section with friends still attending ISU. I always keep my game day giveaways.

StLRedbird

saxman210 said:
Yes, a day which stands shoulder to shoulder in the pantheon with super ball day at Horton Fieldhouse.

Metamoron

:happy-bouncyred: :happy-bouncyred: :happy-bouncyred: :happy-bouncyred: :happy-jumpeveryone: But the funny part about the super balls were that they bounced and bounced and bounced and bounced and bounced.....