at Drake, 1/30, 7:00 PM, ESPN+

ISU86

The Bulldogs are playing well having won their last four; Nick McGlynn seemingly is not a good match-up, and Brady Ellingson is a sharpshooter from beyond the three point line.

Plus, given the fact we tend to be very inconsistent from game-to-game (and have only one true road win) ...

Redbirds 64
Bulldogs 70

chuckie1980

79-49....No matter the score of the game if we lose...it will still feel like 2008.

My prediction....
69 Birds
66 Dawgs

birdsflyhigh

After the road L at Bradley, a win at Drake tonight is must if the Birds want to win the Valley. Key is to go right at McGlynn and get him into foul trouble because their backup C is a big step down.

GO GET 'EM REDBIRDS!! :chores-chopwood:

birdlife

wondering what the crowd will be like. anyone catch the valpo/MoSt game? had to be less than 1k ppl there.

bb fan

Good game Mo St. vs Valpo last night. OT win for the bears. Very small crowd, but the weather was brutal. Well below zero at game time with a big win blowing. Can't say I was surprised to see just a few fans. I doubt it will be great in Des Moines.

Redbird28

bb fan said:
Good game Mo St. vs Valpo last night. OT win for the bears. Very small crowd, but the weather was brutal. Well below zero at game time with a big win blowing. Can't say I was surprised to see just a few fans. I doubt it will be great in Des Moines.

-11 out there currently with the following warning issued 1 hour ago:

...Dangerous and Life-Threatening Wind Chills Through Tonight...

.Wind chill values by mid morning were still ranging from -35
to 50 degrees across most of the area, with the coldest
temperatures in northern to northeastern Iowa. The worst of this
prolonged period of life-threatening cold temperatures will
continue through this morning. Throughout this evening, into the
overnight hours, wind chill values will range from -20 to -40
degrees.

...WIND CHILL ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING
TO 10 AM CST THURSDAY...

I'd guess we might benefit from their fans staying away. Then again, there isn't much to do in Iowa so who knows. Great spot for us to pick up a road win and gain a minor bit of separation for a top 2 seed.

Just need to go take care of business like we did in Evansville.

Birdswin

I am sure the attendance will be down - I did watch the Mo State/Valpo game. The problem with attempting to guess attendance from TV - is you only see one side. Take Redbird Arena - the TV Camera side has many more fans than the sections behind the benches as this is more corporate and University seating.

RedbirdMan

Drake-67
Birds-61

Would be reallllly surprised if the Birds won tonight. Drake is playing much better and ISU May be the most inconsistent team in college basketball.

McGlynn tears it up.

SgtHulka

Birdswin said:
I am sure the attendance will be down - I did watch the Mo State/Valpo game. The problem with attempting to guess attendance from TV - is you only see one side. Take Redbird Arena - the TV Camera side has many more fans than the sections behind the benches as this is more corporate and University seating.

Same at Valpo. The side the camera shows is bench seating, but the people you can barely see are in chair backs. You could see them when the stood up during exciting parts. Guessing that's where the regulars sit.

Adunk33

Staff member
bb fan said:

Smaller crowd tonight? Advantage: Birds

Manchester Matt

Sounds like the Birds will be a man down tonight and for a while.

Many on this board will be happy with that development.

jbird

If I was a betting man, I would take Drake and give the 5.5. We are terrible in true road games, and have had trouble shooting the ball into the basket (a relatively important part of a basketball game). We have stunk up Des Moines in recent seasons.

Teams will start taking Fayne away from us and making us shoot the ball from beyond 5 feet, something that we are not very good at right now. I won't be surprised if we get spanked.

Drake 77, 'Birds 58.........obviously, I would love to be embarrassingly wrong.

91Bird

I can't name 1 player on Drake or their coach. We have 2 potential MVC first teamers.

Drake 81
Birds 60