Arch Madness Seeding

goredbirds4

Does anyone want to talk about Arch Madness seeding?
Take the players out of it, the coaches out of it, none of that crap on here but I wanted to see what are some scenarios for us avoiding Thursday at this point...
So many tiebreakers and situations... I feel we won't win @ Indy St and then if we win our 2 home games are we okay at 9-9?
Has anyone broken out different scenarios and who we want to be tied with?

DoubleDeuce

Seems the possibilities are endless for having just 4 games left...right now I'd be pretty happy with playing the 4/5 game. I can't imagine 9 - 9 would result in a Thursday night game.

Part of me would love to see Drake get the 1 seed because the very last thing anyone would have predicted before the season was either DU or EU even finishing in the top half.

goredbirds4

DoubleDeuce said:
Seems the possibilities are endless for having just 4 games left...right now I'd be pretty happy with playing the 4/5 game. I can't imagine 9 - 9 would result in a Thursday night game.

Part of me would love to see Drake get the 1 seed because the very last thing anyone would have predicted before the season was either DU or EU even finishing in the top half.

At this point, however we avoid Thursday is fine with me. I would hope at 9-9 we would be secure for Friday but you just never know. Need some upsets this week.

SgtHulka

9-9 has played in the play in in past tournaments based on tie breaker. 10-8 I believe is the golden line

goredbirds4

SgtHulka said:
9-9 has played in the play in in past tournaments based on tie breaker. 10-8 I believe is the golden line

agreed I think it has happened in the past and we don't have many tiebreakers. Could be a game in Carbondale for a date Thursday or Friday.

Adunk33

Staff member
If we win all four, I feel confident about missing Thursday. If we win three, I will feel good about missing Thursday. If we win two I will not feel good about missing Thursday, and if we lose all four we will play Thursday. That's where I'm at right now. Haha. Right now, the SIU game seems to be the most important, but if the Birds lose the three preceding games, it won't matter. They always seem to struggle in Terre Haute, and then we have the two hottest MVC teams coming in. It's not going to be easy but it's possible. This is the first time ever there is not a specific team that I would NOT want to match up with in STL. Everyone is beatable. Everyone has the capability to beat everyone else. The 1&2 seeds don't mean much other than playing a team that played the night before. Usually in those scenarios, the Thursday night team comes to play in the first half then gets worn down. I think it's very possible for one of those Thursday (Valpo??) night teams that play Friday afternoon gets out to a BIG first half lead and the 1 or 2 seed can't make up the difference in the second half.

I didn't shell out the money for the All-session tickets this year but I'm starting to wish I would have. It's going to be a very fun tournament as a basketball fan.

All in all, I'm hoping the Birds don't leave it up to chance. Win at least three of the last four and get some momentum into the tournament.

ChiRedbirdfan

Adunk33 said:
If we win all four, I feel confident about missing Thursday. If we win three, I will feel good about missing Thursday. If we win two I will not feel good about missing Thursday, and if we lose all four we will play Thursday. That's where I'm at right now. Haha. Right now, the SIU game seems to be the most important, but if the Birds lose the three preceding games, it won't matter. They always seem to struggle in Terre Haute, and then we have the two hottest MVC teams coming in. It's not going to be easy but it's possible. This is the first time ever there is not a specific team that I would NOT want to match up with in STL. Everyone is beatable. Everyone has the capability to beat everyone else. The 1&2 seeds don't mean much other than playing a team that played the night before. Usually in those scenarios, the Thursday night team comes to play in the first half then gets worn down. I think it's very possible for one of those Thursday (Valpo??) night teams that play Friday afternoon gets out to a BIG first half lead and the 1 or 2 seed can't make up the difference in the second half.

I didn't shell out the money for the All-session tickets this year but I'm starting to wish I would have. It's going to be a very fun tournament as a basketball fan.

All in all, I'm hoping the Birds don't leave it up to chance. Win at least three of the last four and get some momentum into the tournament.

Lose all four and team manager better bring lots of quarters to wash and dry the red jerseys if ISU plans on winning the tourney

Adunk33

Staff member
ChiRedbirdfan said:
Adunk33 said:

Lose all four and team manager better bring lots of quarters to wash and dry the red jerseys if ISU plans on winning the tourney

Don't be silly.... we'll bring the grey jerseys too! Just in case!

isuredbird_2015

I had too much time on my hands last night so broke down all of the teams remaining schedules that are currently ahead of us. I put in what I thought the result of each game would be and got to my final standings/seeding.

Missouri State (12-6):
vs. UNI (W)
vs. Indy St (W)
@ ISU (L)
vs. Drake (W)

Loyola (11-7):
vs. Evansville- W
@SIU- L
@UNI- L
vs. BU- W

Drake (11-7)
vs. BU- W
@ISU- L
vs. Indy St- W
@Mo state- L

SIU (11-7)
@Valpo- W
vs. Loyola- W
@ Evansville- W
vs. ISU- W

Illinois State (10-8)
@Indy St (W)
vs Drake (W)
vs Mo State (W)
@ SIU (L)

UNI (10-8)
@Mo state- L
vs Valpo- W
vs Loyola- W
@ Indy St- W

Bradley (9-9)
@Drake- L
vs. Evansville W
vs Valpo- W
@ Loyola- L

Not quite sure how all the tiebreakers would play out but would look something like:

Thursday:
7 Bradley vs 10 Evansville
8 Valpo vs 9 Indiana St

Friday:
1 Mo State vs Valpo/Indy st
2 Loyola vs Bradley/Evansville
3 Drake vs 6 UNI
4 SIU vs 5 ISU

We will see how the final four games play out but fun to speculate. I think ISUs best case is playing in the 4/5 game. Would need quite a bit of help to get to 3. And of course if they continue to play like they have been they will be playing Thursday night.

Go birds!

Baltimore Bird

I am sitting in an airport also with time on my hands and went thru each game as well before I saw the post from ISU Redbird 2015 above. I did not write down the opponent only the W or L. Here is what I got. I was going to look up the tie breaker scenario, but I will let someone else smarter than me figure that out. Why I think we will win 2 more games is interesting at this point. Somehow, I am keeping the faith.

Mo State 12 6
Drake 11 5
Loyola 11 5
SIU 9 9
ISU 9 9
PU 9 9
No. Iowa 9 9
Valpo 8 10
Ind. State. 7 11
EU 4 14

isuredbird_2015

Thanks! Man we need some help from around the valley the next two weeks. Nobody to blame but ourselves though!

Adunk33

Staff member
Baltimore Bird said:
I am sitting in an airport also with time on my hands and went thru each game as well before I saw the post from ISU Redbird 2015 above. I did not write down the opponent only the W or L. Here is what I got. I was going to look up the tie breaker scenario, but I will let someone else smarter than me figure that out. Why I think we will win 2 more games is interesting at this point. Somehow, I am keeping the faith.

Mo State 12 6
Drake 11 5
Loyola 11 5
SIU 9 9
ISU 9 9
PU 9 9
No. Iowa 9 9
Valpo 8 10
Ind. State. 7 11
EU 4 14

I think we would be 7th here...

Baltimore Bird

I am still sitting in the bar in Raleigh Durham Intl. With my scenario above we are the 7 seed. AWFUL. If we are able to win the 2 games as I predict we need to really root against No. Iowa. They seem like the most likely team to fall. I had them beating Loyola at No. Iowa. We need them to lose that one.
Of course, if we can win 3 games, we should be safely in the top 6. Indiana State is one of the 2 teams with a worse NET than us, but I had us losing that game. Win on Wednesday and we break the losing streak and maybe play like we did a couple of weeks ago when we beat Indiana State, Drake and Loyola in a week period.
This whole thing is hard to fathom. "It has been the damnest season, The Bulls cannot lose I cannot get laid." (Susan Sarandon, Bull Durham).

gobirds85

I just want to stay out of Thursday night and I can’t believe we at the place where this might be a real possibility.

birdballfan

Baltimore Bird said:

Mo State 12 6
Drake 11 5
Loyola 11 5
SIU 9 9
ISU 9 9
PU 9 9
No. Iowa 9 9
Valpo 8 10
Ind. State. 7 11
EU 4 14

I'm sitting in a van down by the river and have decided we are not very good, but I will keep cheering them on!

Tpguy

I'm sitting by the dock at the bay and predict an 8 seed

Top Bottom