Arch Madness Future

RedbirdFan9906

Press conference later this week:

http://www.courierpress.com/story/sports/college/evansville/2017/08/15/mvc-hold-press-conference-regarding-arch-madness/104634144/

Redbirdfan21

Seems odd to have a press conference at the STC, if they are announcing it's leaving so IDK what to expect

RedbirdFan9906

I would be very surprised if it was leaving St. Louis. As far as location, attractions, and restaurants, I find St. Louis hard to beat.

fdbird83

RedbirdFan9906 said:
I would be very surprised if it was leaving St. Louis. As far as location, attractions, and restaurants, I find St. Louis hard to beat.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/blues-hockey-ownership-takes-st-louis-comptroller-to-court-over/article_c9ad74f6-23db-5f88-bc63-989f425e7160.html

PurpleRedbird

If the tourney is moving, why would they be holding the press conference at the current building?

MPE773

PurpleRedbird said:
If the tourney is moving, why would they be holding the press conference at the current building?

They wouldn't. Clear indication it ain't going anywhere...

MPE773

TreRoberson4Heisman said:
Options for a new destination?

Sears Center (Hoffman Estates)

That would be a horrible venue. Who the Hell wants to go to Hoffman Estates for 4 days?

ChiRedbirdfan

RedbirdFan9906 said:

You need to get out and live a little.

ChiRedbirdfan

MPE773 said:
TreRoberson4Heisman said:
Options for a new destination?

Sears Center (Hoffman Estates)

That would be a horrible venue. Who the Hell wants to go to Hoffman Estates for 4 days?

:text-+1: I guess you could go to that big Cabellas between games to kill time. YUCK

B

BirdGrad2011

St Louis is a dump. Without Wichita what is incentive to keep it there?

ChiRedbirdfan

MPE773 said:
PurpleRedbird said:

They wouldn't. Clear indication it ain't going anywhere...

Agree 100%. I think it would be hard to fairly criticize the MVC for not moving the conference tournament away from STL at this time even though the conference membership is shifting away from STL. That said I also think it would be a mistake for the MVC to commit long term to STL until more can be learned about fan attendance at the conference tournament given new conference dynamics. If the announcement is for a commitment to STL for an extended period of time I would like to know the logic behind doing that at this time.

ThisIsTheLineup

ChiRedbirdfan said:
RedbirdFan9906 said:

Oh c'mon, it is a good city! I have a blast each year I go. Never do I feel like "Oh, there is nothing to do."

DBird

ChiRedbirdfan said:
RedbirdFan9906 said:

So says "CHI"redbird fan!!
;)

Source

BirdGrad2011 said:

From Blo-No I think its far away enough to feel like a vacation weekend, I don't think its location provides a clear advantage for any fan base (ours if any), driving downtown isn't miserable, almost every hotel is within walking distance of the Scottrade Center (not having to spend money on public transportation) and the city welcomes the Arch Madness fans. From the fan experience in Ball Park Village, to posting "Arch Madness" flags throughout downtown, and even allow schools to take out billboards for a reasonable price.

I always assume those who do not want it in STL would prefer Chicago. Do you see Chicago doing any of that?

Saint Louis does a great job of hosting this event and I would not like to see it moved. I think the Saint Louis enjoys the boost as well. After all, it is where the conference headquarters is located.

johnaaa10

Source said:
BirdGrad2011 said:

From Blo-No I think its far away enough to feel like a vacation weekend, I don't think its location provides a clear advantage for any fan base (ours if any), driving downtown isn't miserable, almost every hotel is within walking distance of the Scottrade Center (not having to spend money on public transportation) and the city welcomes the Arch Madness fans. From the fan experience in Ball Park Village, to posting "Arch Madness" flags throughout downtown, and even allow schools to take out billboards for a reasonable price.

I always assume those who do not want it in STL would prefer Chicago. Do you see Chicago doing any of that?

Saint Louis does a great job of hosting this event and I would not like to see it moved. I think the Saint Louis enjoys the boost as well. After all, it is where the conference headquarters is located.

:text-+1:

ISU FAN 1

St. Louis is a dying city. Seems the perfect locale for a dying conference to hold its tourney.

Redbird28

ISU FAN 1 said:
St. Louis is a dying city. Seems the perfect locale for a dying conference to hold its tourney.

Sladerunningbear

590 the Fan just said the announcement tomorrow is that Arch Madness is staying in St. Louis...didn't say how many years.

RedbirdFan9906

I know this was a big discussion on the old board. I know that St. Louis has faults. I just don't know if the perfect location exists. If others feel different, would love to hear specific locations you have in mind.

Top Bottom