Any news on Zack?

ISUBird

Really? He only played three seasons. I was much more impressed with him this year and was looking forward to one more season.

Dmills

Really? He only played three seasons. I was much more impressed with him this year and was looking forward to one more season.
2018 - True Freshman at Minnesota. Started several games.
2019 - Redshirt
2020 - Covid
2021 - Appeared in 2 games for Minnesota
2022 - at ISU
2023 - at ISU
That makes 1 RS, 1 Covid, 4 regular seasons

ISUBird

2018 - True Freshman at Minnesota. Started several games.
2019 - Redshirt
2020 - Covid
2021 - Appeared in 2 games for Minnesota
2022 - at ISU
2023 - at ISU
That makes 1 RS, 1 Covid, 4 regular seasons
Thanks. ESPN.com is wrong then.

ChiRedbirdfan

Unfortunately, this was his covid year. He is out of eligibility and there will be a new QB under center (or in the shotgun)
Though it would be awesome if Zach had true eligibility remaining I am personally done with college players being around so long in all of college sports due to the Covid extension. In the extreme throw in parents holding their kid back in elementary school for a long term sports boost, prep school, redshirt and covid years and the ages of some players balloon big time. Just further mockery of the term student-athlete.

fourthandshort

Zack Annexstad could become known as the guy who resurrected our passing game in a way that could pay dividends in the future. By this I mean, we now have stats we can put in front of both HS and Portal offensive recruits .. all positions really ... but especially QBs, WRs, TEs.

Right now, I give equal credit to Annexstad and Peterson, mainly because of the stat lines for Rittenhouse in his 2 games after Annexstad went down. But without Annexstad, who knows what this season would have looked like offensively. Maybe Rittenhouse wasn't quite ready game 1, but even if he was somewhat ready, his stats would likely have paled in comparison to Annexstad. The other thing is, Annexstad got much better in his year 2 despite teams having scouted him and made their adjustments ... this is no small thing.

And Spack can now talk about Roberson and Annexstad, if we need another QB from the Portal.

Anyway ... a big thanks to Zack Annexstad for your contributions to ISU football on the field, and what your play could do for our future recruiting efforts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom