Another huge verbal commit!

Redbirdfan21

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2019/nigel-white-28480

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Nigel-White-103194/RecruitInterests/

Adunk33

Staff member
Based off his twitter he had offers from:
Columbia, Eastern Carolina (AAC), Buffalo (MAC), Northern Illinois (MAC), Northern Illinois (MAC), Syracuse (ACC), Louisville (ACC), and Utah (Pac 14). Pretty impressive list.

fourthandshort

WTF !!!! Another good one ??

Wonder if former Coach Shula connection to St Thomas Aquinas is still paying dividends ... a 3 star RB is impressive. Neither Coprich or Robinson got 3 stars from Rivals.

Nigel White is 5' 10" and just 155 lbs ... kid can move, just needs a little more weight. Listed as all purpose back .. so must be open to moving around. Guessing that's why we got a shot at a 3 star .. undersized.

Man, we are restocking the RB position ... again !! We must be getting a reputation at RB position. Hard to believe how many good ones we have had and continue to get since Marshaun Coprich. I recall several posters on AGS said we were lucky to get Coprich and we wouldn't likely ever find someone that good again ... well we seem to keep stacking the RB position 3 sometimes 4 deep since then .. not all pan out due to injuries, disciplinary, or just too much competition .. but we continue to bring in lot of talent at RB position.

Welcome to Redbird Nation Nigel White .. very good to have you on board. Be ready to work !!

fourthandshort

FYI ... St Thomas went 13-2 and was ranked #3 in FL HS football last season, and 27th in nation per MaxPreps .. they are big time football program. So this is not a small school guy. We probably got him because he is 155 lbs. Put on 3-5 lbs each year ... and he could be a stud eventually .. need 2 quality RBs to compete in MVFC and make playoff runs .. this guy could become part of a thunder and lighting tandem .. guess which one he is ??

JHBird

157 lbs? Won't he get killed at running back? The 247 link has him at 172 -- hope that one's correct. Looks like a good candidate to redshirt while he puts on more bulk. But yeah! 3 stars is 3 stars!

fourthandshort

I'm willing to bet some money, this kids turns into a stud. I'm guessing he has FBS skills, just in a D-II body. Which probably means he is coming here with an even bigger chip on his shoulder. Put 3-5 lbs on each year, and watch him develop. Undersized guys like this love to prove themselves .. they've spent their athletic lives overcoming this hurdle. Hard to get 3 stars from rivals. May take a year to develop, but looking forward to following this one.

JHBird

fourthandshort said:
I'm willing to bet some money, this kids turns into a stud. I'm guessing he has FBS skills, just in a D-II body. Which probably means he is coming here with an even bigger chip on his shoulder. Put 3-5 lbs on each year, and watch him develop. Undersized guys like this love to prove themselves .. they've spent their athletic lives overcoming this hurdle. Hard to get 3 stars from rivals. May take a year to develop, but looking forward to following this one.

Do you see him as a third down back?

fourthandshort

JHBird said:
fourthandshort said:

Do you see him as a third down back?

Yes, but even more than that. I can see him sharing a dual-RB starting role by his 2nd or 3rd year. Not sure he can be an every down back against the top defenses in MVFC and FCS ... once tacklers get arms on him, he goes down pretty easily. But get him in space initially for sure. Then as he puts on weight, I can see him getting regular reps. Not sure if he has hands .. if so, PR and maybe KR.

TIMMY

Tarik Cohen was 5"6" 165 coming out of H.S. and he's doing OK. He also ran a 4.37. :shock:
I bet Nigel will be OK. Hopefully great. Get him the ball in space.

Top Bottom