Alumni Golf Outing

Birdswin

Baseball alumni - Dave Bergman Golf Outing today at the Village Links in Glen Ellyn - even if you are not golfing, come by later in the afternoon to join in on good stories.

MadBird

Birdswin said:
Baseball alumni - Dave Bergman Golf Outing today at the Village Links in Glen Ellyn - even if you are not golfing, come by later in the afternoon to join in on good stories.

Any report from this event? Any baseball news at all from the new coach?

Birdswin

It was a good event. There were 60 former players and friends - I would say the breakdown was about 50 players and 10 friends.

Duck Hogan was the winner of the event. Both Buzz Capra and Neal Cotts played in the event - fantastic. Thanks to Dan Purhom and Jeff Bergman for organizing this event and contacting players.

Asst. Coach Crancer spoke to us - he was the recruiting coordinator at Purdue. He said Coach Holm and he are excited to be at ISU - a place where you can excel at baseball. They want to make sure they focus efforts first on the local area and Illinois. There is plenty baseball talent in Central Illinois and in the State.

That was a very welcome message. The past several years we have seen players from Normal and Normal West get NO interest from ISU, only to go to Memphis, Mo State, SIU, WIU, and Iowa.

MadBird

Thanks for the report. Glad that this kind of thing is going on, keeping the alums in the loop, etc. Good to hear the plans from the new regime too, always like keeping the Illinois kids close to home.

Birdswin

Geez, my son reminded me last night, I forgot about two pitchers - one from Normal West and the other from Bloomington HS that went to UIC and both got drafted by the Oakland A's this year and are on the Vermont short-season Rookie A league team for Oakland.

Top Bottom