Accountability

AgGrad88

The past few post-game radio interviews have been mind blowing. Last night Pedon could not stop going on about Drake and how elite they are in every aspect of the game. I would say 90% of the interview was him giving credit to drake and talking about all the good things they did instead of talking about what he saw that we need to improve on. He's not wrong Drake is very good, but he said the same BS on VALPO. He needs to grow a set and stop giving all the credit to every team that whoops our ass just ignoring the fact that is team is a steamy pile of :poop:. Have some ACCOUNTABILITY Ryan and own that you and your staff are being out coached. Just like in past years I feel that the players have regressed through the season. Instead of coming here and talking about how its "TIME TO GET OUR SWAGGER BACK", how about you guys put your money where your mouth is. We look like a team that doesn't even practice between games, unbelievable how bad we are.

Adunk33

Staff member
Go to Goredbirds and watch the post game press conference. It does irk me a bit he always leads with "credit to...." whoever won but that's just coach speak that I don't see changing. After Valpo, he took a lot of blame and saying it was unacceptable. He takes ownership a lot of the time, but I do agree with last night's radio interview was very Drake-favored. But keep in mind, the answer is only one part....the question is a massive element as well. Fitz has a pretty optimistic, glass half full interview style. That's why I like to watch the post game pressers after home games. The reporters- couple from the Vidette, ZND, Pantagraph, wherever Peglar works now- they tend to ask more direct questions. Go check out what Banks said when he was asked about the noise and negativity that's going on versus Pedon's response. Pretty interesting.

Goredbirds.com, hover over "fans", click "RedbirdHDTV," on the filter- change it to Men's Basketball and it should be there. Sometimes, it'll be listed "on demand" on the right side.

TBS_20

ADunk's post made me think of this. It is off topic. One of the reasons we're bad is because nobody actually good wants to come here. Just overhyped mid players. What would you think as a recruit who is going 10 different visits and come to Cefcu Arena and see a 3/4 or more empty arena? The good kids are going to better atmospheres. We get left overs. We just over hype them

Reggie Redbird

Fitz is affiliated with the athletic department. They are not going to have the Voice of the Redbirds ask those tough questions. Fitz could ask them and would know what to ask, but our own athletic department is not going to put a HC in that position.

91Bird

At this point recruiting does seem like a really difficult task. Besides the transfer portal and NIL side of it, if there is a recruit we really want to land, what game do you host them at? The arena is 3/4 empty at most games and the BU game that should have a better turnout we’ll get our ass handed to us. I guess you really emphasize plenty of playing time is available and show them Muller’s layup vs Tennessee in our last ncaa win.

topiarydan

At this point recruiting does seem like a really difficult task. Besides the transfer portal and NIL side of it, if there is a recruit we really want to land, what game do you host them at? The arena is 3/4 empty at most games and the BU game that should have a better turnout we’ll get our ass handed to us. I guess you really emphasize plenty of playing time is available and show them Muller’s layup vs Tennessee in our last ncaa win.
Still don't know how we missed out on this kid (who is tearing up the MVC) - reminds me of Kreutwig kid who went to Loyola and killed us - Verbal Commits

Bird Friend

Still don't know how we missed out on this kid (who is tearing up the MVC) - reminds me of Kreutwig kid who went to Loyola and killed us - Verbal Commits
Simple. Muller was coach during his Sr year. We weren’t even recruiting him, cuz he didn’t fit Muller’s preferred profile. While Pedon would’ve taken over recruiting, but he was focused almost entirely on transfers.

Top Bottom