85 - 64 win vs Evansville

TbooMarshall

Tomorrow against 15-14 UNI. It looks like winning the tournament is our only way in.
Winning the tourney is all 12 teams only way in. The MVC doesn’t have a team on the NCAA bubble. 1 to NCAA and based on the NET rankings, 5 to the WBIT / WNIT

Dmills

Winning the tourney is all 12 teams only way in. The MVC doesn’t have a team on the NCAA bubble. 1 to NCAA and based on the NET rankings, 5 to the WBIT / WNIT
You're correct that Drake is not projecting to be in with a loss. However, I will add that Drake would probably be right on the bubble without the 1 conference loss to ISU. Truthfully, they should absolutely be in with a loss on Saturday or Sunday but that might not be the case. Drake's only losses are to B1G Champ #3 Iowa, A-10 Champ Richmond, 16-15 Minnesota in 2OT, #23 Creighton, and Illinois State.

Heck, they have a better resume than Indiana State on the men's side. The MVC is deep on the women's side this year. Truly bizarre. ISU might be the cause of a 1 bid Valley for both the men's and women's.

mvcfan80

You're correct that Drake is not projecting to be in with a loss. However, I will add that Drake would probably be right on the bubble without the 1 conference loss to ISU. Truthfully, they should absolutely be in with a loss on Saturday or Sunday but that might not be the case. Drake's only losses are to B1G Champ #3 Iowa, A-10 Champ Richmond, 16-15 Minnesota in 2OT, #23 Creighton, and Illinois State.

Heck, they have a better resume than Indiana State on the men's side. The MVC is deep on the women's side this year. Truly bizarre. ISU might be the cause of a 1 bid Valley for both the men's and women's.
Drake 100% should be in the NCAA tournament provided they win today and if they lose on Saturday or Sunday. I think they indeed will be in regardless of their NET. They will have won at least 20 of their last 22 games. Probably will win tourney anyway so it may not matter They
may be Sweet 16 team. Their loss to us will be costly if they don't make tournament.
Totally a joke that there should even be a question about Drake being in as many much lesser P5 teams will get in. A rigged system for sure

Last edited:

Dmills

Drake as the #12 is ridiculous.

Top Bottom