5 More Games made more difficult to watch.

Sanantoniobird

According to this article Redbird Men’s Basketball Announces Five-Game Slate on Marquee Network - Illinois State University Athletics they have inked a deal to show 5 games on Marquee network. It's core Chicago, and that's great for our brand. However, for those who don't live near Chicago, it will be made difficult to watch.
Upon initial testing this evening, I can't sign in or VPN my way in, as I'm out of the broadcast area. Very frustrating to say the least...but yaaay budget and recruiting. :cautious:

DoubleDeuce

It seems to me there are quite a few games not scheduled to be televised at all. This at least gets the Redbirds on TV somewhere. I cut my cable so I don't get Marquee either but I think these are all home games so I will be there in person.

BTbird

According to this article Redbird Men’s Basketball Announces Five-Game Slate on Marquee Network - Illinois State University Athletics they have inked a deal to show 5 games on Marquee network. It's core Chicago, and that's great for our brand. However, for those who don't live near Chicago, it will be made difficult to watch.
Upon initial testing this evening, I can't sign in or VPN my way in, as I'm out of the broadcast area. Very frustrating to say the least...but yaaay budget and recruiting. :cautious:
I live near Chicago and I can't get it either. I stream youtube.tv which doesn't carry it.

Dmills

Games have been slowly popping up on ESPN+. I wouldn't worry too much about it not being out there yet. Also, I don't think there has ever been a time where the game was exclusively broadcasted on MSN. Usually they have the ESPN+ stream as well.

Adunk33

Staff member
Games have been slowly popping up on ESPN+. I wouldn't worry too much about it not being out there yet. Also, I don't think there has ever been a time where the game was exclusively broadcasted on MSN. Usually they have the ESPN+ stream as well.
There was a football game this year (maybe Homecoming?) that I went to Marquee to watch. It wasn't included in my DirecTV package. I switched over to ESPN3/+ and was able to watch it that way. Hoping the same for these.

DougSutton

I too am hoping that ESPN+ will be showing the vast majority of our games this year. My memory may not be completely accurate but I thought in previous years on ESPN.com and GoRedbirds sites, they showed at this stage of the season, that ESPN+ was covering all games that weren't on any of the ESPN networks or major network so every game was covered.

This year, it doesn't show this at all which is concerning. Perhaps as others have mentioned, they will just show up when the game is on but I'm not sure why the sites wouldn't be prominently promoting this. It's hard to imagine that ESPN+ will be covering all of the other minor, non revenue generating sports at ISU that they do but not ISU men's basketball.

Regarding the Marquee Network, perhaps they will "blackout" ESPN+ in local markets that have Marquee and then show it on ESPN+ in outside markets. I know this technology exists.

SgtHulka

Flo will be showing the Cayman Classic games.
kiss GIF

DougSutton

Flo Hoops kind of sucks but is tolerable for holiday tournament play. I signed up for their paid subscription and made sure I remembered to cancel immediately after it was over because there was no other value for me after that. I don't believe they a smart TV app like ESPN+ so I watched from my computer. Hoping all other games will be on ESPN+ like the last few years.

redbirds2000

Flo Hoops kind of sucks but is tolerable for holiday tournament play. I signed up for their paid subscription and made sure I remembered to cancel immediately after it was over because there was no other value for me after that. I don't believe they a smart TV app like ESPN+ so I watched from my computer. Hoping all other games will be on ESPN+ like the last few years.
It does appear FloSports has an App for Phones and TVs.

Birdswin

I think it is good exposure to have games on Marquee Network - I would prefer Fox Sports Midwest, but so be it. I get both on DirecTV in Normal. I can record those games and rewatch them after getting home from Redbird Arena.

By the way - the WIU football game was up to 11:00 am due to Marquee Network. I am all for more exposure.

gobirds85

I have Flo as we are YUGE racing fans and racers who are gone numerous summer weekends so it allows us to catch up on races we missed. Plus they televise races from all over the country, but Flo has billions of other sports year round. I believe it's relatively inexpensive, so there's that also.

DougSutton

The GoRedbirds landing page with the basketball schedule just added links to "Watch" for the first 7 games of the season. I'm confident they will keep updating this landing page as the links become available on these servers and even more confident ESPN3 will be available for all games outside of the Cayman Islands Classic (Flohoops). The first 4 already have links to ESPN3.

Much happier today after seeing this. Great user/fan experience to know we can go to this landing page and be able to rely on knowing how and where to watch the games. Great job ISU!

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
The GoRedbirds landing page with the basketball schedule just added links to "Watch" for the first 7 games of the season. I'm confident they will keep updating this landing page as the links become available on these servers and even more confident ESPN3 will be available for all games outside of the Cayman Islands Classic (Flohoops). The first 4 already have links to ESPN3.

Much happier today after seeing this. Great user/fan experience to know we can go to this landing page and be able to rely on knowing how and where to watch the games. Great job ISU!
It's also linked at the top of forum, Men's Basketball Schedule!

Top Bottom