3-point line extended to international distance

Adunk33

Staff member
https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2019-06-05/mens-college-basketball-3-point-line-extended-international

If only we still had Elijah Clarance.... Hopefully on the overseas trip, the guys will be playing the international 3 pt line.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Also, coaches can again call time outs during live ball action but only in last 2 mins of second half or any OT period.

Chi-bird

I like both changes, but would welcome the 3 point line being pushed back even further as the game has virtually become jumpers and layups only, with no mid-range action.

chuckie1980

I still say....reverse shot values....3 Points for layup/dunk, 2 points inside the arc....1 point for long crap.

cubird

More than a foot further. Now we will see who the real shooters are and if drivers take advantage of the extra space in the lane.

SoCalRedbird

The NCAA was becoming a layup or 3PT only style of game. If this change helps rid the scourge of "positionless" basketball at ISU and elsewhere, I'm all for it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ISU86

Chi-bird said:
I like both changes, but would welcome the 3 point line being pushed back even further as the game has virtually become jumpers and layups only, with no mid-range action.
I would be perfectly fine taking it back to 23 or even 23 1/2 feet. Pure/true shooters will still find the bottom of the net, and maybe it will reduce the volume of mindless heaving/jacking up of shots we see today.

Trey_Guidry4three

Adunk33 said:
https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2019-06-05/mens-college-basketball-3-point-line-extended-international

If only we still had Elijah Clarance.... Hopefully on the overseas trip, the guys will be playing the international 3 pt line.

If only Clarence could shoot...

bombay

Speaking of 3s, VanVleet destroyed oakland from 3 in the 4th quarter tonight.

I qlso bet MiKyle is a very happy man.

Adunk33

Staff member
bombay said:
Speaking of 3s, VanVleet destroyed oakland from 3 in the 4th quarter tonight.

I qlso bet MiKyle is a very happy man.

If I remember correctly, he was playing with Toronto's G-League affiliate.

cubird

He was the last player to make their 15 man roster. He had a great playoffs. Lots of 3s. Not fast, but very good with distributing the ball and getting to his spots on the floor for shots. A little VanFleet arrived during the Bucks series and he flew back game day and ended his shooting slump.