2019 Second Round FCS Playoffs

Virginia Redbird

Okay, the playoffs are down to a manageable 8 games now. I never try to predict scores but I will go out on the limb to pick winners and losers. My picks for next week in the second round:

North Dakota State over Nicholls State (Yeah, really going out on a limb here, I know!)

ISU over Central Arkansas (Homer pick but after yesterdays performance I am confident)

James Madison over Monmouth (A little farther out on the limb than with NDSU but only an inch)

SDSU over UNI (Hard to beat the same team twice in a short time but I think SDSU is just better)

I am not as familiar with the teams in the bottom half of the bracket but here goes:

Montana over SE Louisiana State (Close win over Villanova and travel wear out SE LA)

Montana State over Albany (Albany got its first-ever FCS playoff win played but it ends here)

Sacramento State over Austin Peay (Sacramento has beaten Eastern Washington, Montana, Montana State and played Arizona State very close. Too much for Austin Peay on the road)

Weber (pronounced WEE-bar) State over Kennesaw State (Weber State beat UNI and Sacramento State. They also had close losses to San Diego State and Nevada. Forcast is for cold and snow
probably too much for a Georgia team)

ISU is the only road team I am picking but I would not be surprised to see UNI beat South Dakota State. The forecast in Brookings is for high of 34 degrees with a real feel of 29 degrees. Essentially clear but cold. The forecast for Conway is for a high of 54 degrees and sunny. Pretty much perfect weather for football if the forecast holds.

Birdswin

I would say the only two games of the eight, where there is doubt for the home team is our game at UCA and UNI at SDSU.

Nice to have renewed confidence or at least we have a chance on offense now.

fourthandshort

UNI has had more injuries on offense than us or they would have been a top 8 seed. Now they're a good team hanging on fir dear life .. strong defense and struggling offense.

topiarydan

Massey has us winning on the road at UCA. They picked us over SEMO too so let's hope they're right
https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=3449&s=308075