2019 Home Game Times Announced

Adunk33

Staff member
September 7 vs Morehead State- 6:30 p.m.
September 21 vs Northern Arizona- 6:30 p.m.
October 5 vs North Dakota State- Noon
October 26 vs Indiana State- 2 p.m.
November 2 vs Northern Iowa- Noon
November 16 vs Missouri State- Noon

Bad news for tailgaters: Half of the games are at noon which means shortened tailgate time.

https://goredbirds.com/news/2019/5/2/2019-redbird-football-game-times-promotions-announced.aspx

gobirds85

Adunk33 said:
September 7 vs Morehead State- 6:30 p.m.
September 21 vs Northern Arizona- 6:30 p.m.
October 5 vs North Dakota State- Noon
October 26 vs Indiana State- 2 p.m.
November 2 vs Northern Iowa- Noon
November 16 vs Missouri State- Noon

Bad news for tailgaters: Half of the games are at noon which means shortened tailgate time.

https://goredbirds.com/news/2019/5/2/2019-redbird-football-game-times-promotions-announced.aspx

Start things up at 7 am. I'll bring the whiskey.

Total Red

Staff member
gobirds85 said:

I don't care what anyone says about this guy. Anybody that supplies free booze to "ISU Types"
(that's a big tent that can hold us all) is ok by me. :lol:

gobirds85

Total Red said:
gobirds85 said:

I don't care what anyone says about this guy. Anybody that supplies free booze to "ISU Types"
(that's a big tent that can hold us all) is ok by me. :lol:

Winning cures all. And if you don't win, a little liquor never hurt.

Birdswin

I see there is no reason given for the Noon start for the ND State game - that is the only one that seems odd. Noon starts are very strange to begin with - what is wrong with 1:00 or 1:30?

gobirds85

Birdswin said:
I see there is no reason given for the Noon start for the ND State game - that is the only one that seems odd. Noon starts are very strange to begin with - what is wrong with 1:00 or 1:30?

ESPN?

fourthandshort

Agree noon start in early October makes no sense unless it was for a TV slot. They are not just unnecessarily squeezing tail gate window. Do they not realize some people have to drive 2+ hours from the major metro Chicago area to get to the games as is.

There better be a concrete reason for this start time .. on the surface, it makes no sense, MVFC home opener against 7 time National Champion ??

fourthandshort

Just checked historic schedules for games in early October ... most have 2pm start times at home, except for Family Weekend games .. many of those are scheduled for noon .. likely to accommodate other activities and events to draw more families. Ans NDSU is slated for Family Weekend .

Pretty sure this is reason for noon start ... If so, I don't like it, but am fine with it .. they're just trying to optimize schedule for entire day.

I withdraw my complaint .. AD Lyons is off the hook .. though we'll always have that STX game to b-tch about .. cue the violins :violin: :violin: :violin:

MadBird

fourthandshort said:
Agree noon start in early October makes no sense unless it was for a TV slot. They are not just unnecessarily squeezing tail gate window. Do they not realize some people have to drive 2+ hours from the major metro Chicago area to get to the games as is.

There better be a concrete reason for this start time .. on the surface, it makes no sense, MVFC home opener against 7 time National Champion ??

Amen - the drive down I-39 takes about 2:45 or 3 hours depending on traffic, construction, the pit stops and food pick up. So, an 8am departure from Madison gives you just about an hour to tailgate before a noon start - early start and also a short tailgate. Now, we'd prolly still take off about 8 with a 2pm start, but at least you'd have time to get the grill going and get a few cervezas down before game time.

Top Bottom