ricohill

Watched a bunch of vhs tapes from 1999 today. Was it the worst coaching job in ISU history? How did a team with Bryson, Cartmill, Victory Williams, and Watkins finish 7th?

BTbird

ricohill said:
Watched a bunch of vhs tapes from 1999 today. Was it the worst coaching job in ISU history? How did a team with Bryson, Cartmill, Victory Williams, and Watkins finish 7th?

Had to look it up. The MVC put 3 teams in the tournament where Evansville was the regular season champion. We finished above UNI and Wichita State that year but the most amazing thing about this is that you still have a VHS player :D

DoubleDeuce

I'm guessing you're waiting for someone to say coaching so we can go down the same old rabbit hole?

BTbird

ricohill said:

Sent from my Apple IIe Personal Computer using Apple DOS 3.3.

There, Fixed it.

TIMMY

:icon-lol: :icon-lol: :icon-lol: :icon-lol:
BTbird said:
ricohill said:

Sent from my Apple IIe Personal Computer using Apple DOS 3.3.

There, Fixed it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bird Friend

Williams = frosh; Bryson = frosh, plus played with broken leg all season; Cartmill was always better off bench; Watkins was always a garbage man. We lost Muller, Smiley, Hill, Gibbons, and Schaefbaur (our top 5 players from previous TWO seasons).

Per usual, rico(not really)hill, your basketball acuity is lacking . . .

ISU86

Bird Friend said:
Bryson = frosh, plus played with broken leg all season; Williams = frosh; Cartmill was always better off bench; Watkins was always a garbage man. We lost Gibbons, Muller, Schaefbauer, Smiley and Hill (our top 5 players from previous TWO seasons).
I would have Watkins in top five over Gibbons, and feel Cartmill even contributed with more frequency. In my opinion, Gibbons and Hansell were next in line (flip a coin as to which was more valuable).

Still, five of top eight is massive loss.

Tpguy

`Didn't Williams transfer to Oklahoma State, or am I wrong?

Cartmill's pass to Muller in 1998 Ncaa one of the sweetest passes I can remember

Bird Friend

Tpguy said:
`Didn't Williams transfer to Oklahoma State, or am I wrong?

Cartmill's pass to Muller in 1998 Ncaa one of the sweetest passes I can remember

Yes. After Williams frosh year, he left to go play where he had wanted to play all along.

redbird Recon

ricohill said:

They couldn't win without Dan.

DannyCooksey

The '99 team was very talented. Should have been a lot better.

There was an incident on a team flight that led to a permanent fracture between HCKS and some key members of the team. There was trust lost and respect lost. Neither party recovered and HCKS bolted right after the season.

Top Bottom